Normal Front spindle wear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a pic of a new or known good front spindle? I was tracing a funky front end noise and found a chewed up claw washer on the DS spindle.
The bearings do not look bad and the spindle does not look overheated or galled, but there is a grooved area just inboard of where the claw key boss stops where the outer brg would ride. Does anyone have a pic handy? I found a few pics in the search but they were kinda blurry. I confess I haven't pulled the other side to see what it looks like. Do not want to replace the knuckle if I don't have to!
Thanks for any help you can provide!

claw washer.jpg front spindle.jpg
claw washer.jpg
front spindle.jpg

I had a groove worn into the spindle on my 80, cause was running with the bearing loose for too long, allowed the rollers to dig in on one side. But I could never get that bearing set right, was either too tight (hot) or it would clunk a little.. Once I replace the spindle the problem went away.

My pics are of the 80 but I'm not sure what the difference is, best I can do hope this helps! :cheers:

attachment.php

the new one is on the right...
attachment.php

Thanks, that helps. Wish I had an 80! The spindle is integral with the knuckle on the 100 ($$).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom