High idle after new APPS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I threw a P1120 with the accompanying VSC lights and the LC was in "limp" mode. So I just replaced the APPS as per FSM and I am now idling at 1100-1200 rpm (FSM states 700 +- 50). I have read the FAQ. I have removed and reinstalled the unit twice, resetting the ECU each time, no luck. I looked up Idle Speed in the FSM and it states "check air intake". There is no tension on the throttle cable.

Any ideas where to look next? Do I dare back off the two screws in the throttle body that the APPS arm comes to rest against when the throttle cable is not under tension?

you changed the APPS and not the TPS, correct? as far as i know if TPS is changed.. it has to be adjusted, if not, idling problem occurs.. after i changed my APPS almost 2 years ago i didn't have any idling problems at all...

Depending on how high, it may just be the ECU relearning. Give it a few starts/stops and some hiway miles.

While I must admit that "just drive it and see what happens" did not seem like a useful response at first it made sense after i thought about it... and that's exactly what happened. I took it all apart and reassembled it and reset the ECU one more time just to make sure I had it correct then drove it to Boulder and back. It was fine by the time I got back.

I had cleaned out the throttle body while I was in there and I think the combination of new sensor and clean throttle made for a bit of a learning curve for the ECU.

:beer: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom