'99 LX 470 rear diff lock question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A quick question; where is the switch located for the optional rear diff lock on a '99 LX 470? I'm thinking of buying one from a dealer and he claims it has the optional rear diff lock. My buddy looked at the pictures he's posted and said it's missing. Just wanted to know before I call him tomorrow to question the truck. Thanks in advance.

bob

Thanks guys!! Saved me a 600 mile trip! How can you be a car salesman and not know your product?!?:bang:

Thanks again - Bob

You know how to tell when a car salesman is lying? Their lips are moving.

You know how to tell when a car salesman is lying? Their lips are moving.
The only thing worse than a car salesman is a software salesman . . . at least a car salesman knows when he is lying.

My Australian model 1998 LX470 with three diff lockers. The two electric Diff Lockers came as standard features.
PC030026m.jpg

RoderickGI ,

Do you have a solid front axle or is that locked IFS? I wish like heck we could have what you guys have. Sub tanks from the factory! Wow. Would it really be that much of an effort for Mr.T to send us those in the US?

Nice vehicle RoderickGI

It has IFS.

I have actually replaced the factory 45 litre factory sub tanks with a 182 litre "Long Ranger" fuel tank, giving me 278 litres of petrol when I head out into the desert. It uses all the original switch gear, sender unit, and so on. There are still tracks in Australia ( like the Canning Stock Route) where 278 litres isn't enough to get you from one end to the other, and a fuel dump is necessary along the way. The Lexus only gets 4.5 to 5 Km/Litre on sandy desert tracks. Worse if I have to cross sand dunes, mud wallows, and so on. So yes, the sub tank comes in very handy.

Of course, current model LX470 and now LX570's have been downgraded in terms of real hardware. They just have better electronics. For example I think the 2000 LX470 lost the rear diff locker, but picked up traction control. That is why I am trying to keep mine going and in good condition. I think it is a better vehicle than current models.

If I was buying today, I think the LC has just about all I would need, and would make more sense than an LX570. I hope I don't need to find out soon. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom