Sand Chef 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
It's hard to believe Surf & Turf is once again around the corner. And this year's Sand Chef is no exception. The big difference this year is that for the first time, Sand Chef has a sponsor. Slee Offroad has kindly accepted our invitation to donate something for the winner.

The competition will take place Friday Nov. 6th at 7:30 pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with two savory dish, plus one dessert based on a secret ingredient. The secret ingredient will be revealed the previous night on this thread. This will give teams enough time for to get their ingredients and recipes ready for the evening's showdown.

There will be a panel of 4 judges, plus the Surf and Turf's organizer: PismoJim.
Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories are: Taste, Presentation, & Originality. Taste will have a scale of 1 to 5 points. While presentation and originality will max out at 3 points. The wining team will be the one who is able to score the greater amount of points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximum of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 7 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, including the secret ingredient, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates, used to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per judge and per team. All teams must sign up by Oct. 20th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The wining team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. Plus, our friends at Slee Off road will be giving away a prize for the winner.In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the wining teams. If there's only one swag item, a simple toss of a coin will define who gets to keep it.

If you are interested in competing, please PM me with your team's name and members. If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. Judges will be chosen from your replies and the available pool of people the day of the event.

Have torch will travel

I win!!!!

:::
potatoes.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I was there I could make some awesome sand and rice cakes served on a original hub cap off my 40,maybe with a deep green firecracker sauce dripping off the cap into the beautiful california sand.......desert would be something easy with some teeth breaking hardened deep suger with of cours some fresh fruit soaking in some fresh ginger water ........Ahhh sounds refreshing.

Why don't you post pictures of the plates? and let someone like me judge the best presentation,this way we all can be a small part of the competition and SnT. We can't judge the flavor obviously . It's just a thought. Maybe a crazy thought but what the hell.

hmmm, how are you going to split a Short Bus Bumper?

Who's in this year?

I updated the Sand Chef web page (although this thread is still your best bet for Q&A). I added some props to SleeOffroad for sponsoring a prize for the winners! Thanks Christo!:clap:

If you're sitting on the fence about participating, go for it. It's fun to participate!
And, I'm working on more surprise incentives to be announced...

So what is the current speculation on this year's secret ingredient?

Past years included: rice, peppers and chocolate. hmmm :hmm:

cheflogo.gif

:grinpimp:

My guess it's either lemons, or cheese....maybe pork,

.....or tomatoes....hopefully Tequila....

shoot I don't know....

it's killing me though, cuz I wanna know NOW!!

Team Tapablo is on the fence....unless the prize is a 6" lift kit, then I'm definately in.

key ingredient should be swine!!!:p

Come on Pablo, jump in with two feet.

Alvaro

Chef Alvaro,

Sounds like Dave "Land Cruiser Motorhome" Berry and family are interested. I passed along your contact info.

Come on Cruiser Chefs, step up!

:cheers:

Jim,

That makes 4 teams.

PMC - Ross Woody
Kathy's "All Girl Team"
Dave "Land Cruiser Motorhome".
Roberto Miranda

Things are looking good

Alvaro

Jim,

That makes 4 teams.

PMC - Ross Woody
Kathy's "All Girl Team"
Dave "Land Cruiser Motorhome".
Roberto Miranda

Things are looking good

Alvaro
if there is a Mac N Cheese challenge, can i be a judge:D i hear there is epic Mac at SnT!:clap:

I think we'll have a new name this year -- We're thinking "Betty F#cking Crocker"

I think we'll have a new name this year -- We're thinking "Betty F#cking Crocker"

Hmmm...... Ross in a gingham dress and apron..........:doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom