Sand Chef 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
It's that time of the year again. It's time for this year's Sand Chef or, like they say South of the border, " The Sanchez" Competition.

The basic rules are the same for this year's competition, just a little twist.

The competition will take place Friday Nov. 7th at 7pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with 1 savory dish, plus two dessert based on a secret ingredient. The secret ingredient will be revealed the previous night on this thread. This will give teams enough time for to get their ingredients and recipes ready for the evening's showdown.

There will be a panel of female 4 judges, plus the Surf and Turf's organizer: PismoJim.
Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories are: Taste, presentation, & originality. Taste will have a scale of 1 to 5. While presentation and originality will have a 1. 3 scale. The wining team will be the one who is able to score the sum of most points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximun of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 7 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, including the secret ingredient, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per team. All teams must sign up by Oct. 20th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The wining team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the wining teams.

If you are interested in competing, please PM me with your team's name and members.
If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. Judges will be chosen from your replies the day of the event.
Picture 1.jpg

bring it awn!!!

:cool:

Count me in.

:grinpimp:

hmmm, thirty days to perfect my Tequila glaze......

Paul,

Are you cooking?

Alvaro

Might need a baby sitter.

Maybe I'll just hang out and wait for a team that needs a helper?
I'll let you know ASAP.

how many teams already?

I think we should have a seperate class for the manifold cookers, maybe we do a Poker run Lunch out back in the dunes?

Are the rumors of a South Park team true?
Or

Maybe someone was just confusing a previous team. :confused:
c_chef.gif
chefdoug.jpg

:flipoff2:

all items must be blended?

what is this? a daiquiri contest?

There will be extra credit for teams that make open face hydraulic sandwiches.

Who's in?

Dang picture links quit working...

joke's not as funny without this:

(still worried about Doug sneaking up behind me..)
chefsopark.jpg

Dang picture links quit working...

joke's not as funny without this:

(still worried about Doug sneaking up behind me..)
attachment.php

What's the matter Jim?
I thought you liked my salty chocolate balls?

:flipoff2:

I saw the chef pic embedded the other day -- I gots the joke ;)

With a little less than 3 weeks to go, we now have 4 teams signed up:

Team Yopo 4x4
Team Solo
PMC (Pretty Much Cooked)
Gallivanting Gourmands

Looks like competition is going to be tough. If you think you have in you, sign up. We still have 3 open team slots.

Regards

Alvaro

Alvaro,

Is each team going to present their 3 dishes to the judges at one time or as each dish is completed? I ask because of the 7" plate requirement. When we participated the first year we put everything on one plate.

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa,

Bring out the dishes to the judges on the 7" plate as they are ready.

Regards

Alvaro

Alvaro,

Is each team going to present their 3 dishes to the judges at one time or as each dish is completed? I ask because of the 7" plate requirement. When we participated the first year we put everything on one plate.

Thanks,
Melissa

any more teams contact you...or do you think they're waiting until the day of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom