Tucson LC Meet Atop Mt. Lemmon, Sunday 18 May (1200) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We will be meeting on top of Mount Lemmon on Sunday, 11 May (Changed to 18 May). The game plan is to hook up on the top, above the Ski Area again. You pass the Ski Area parking lot and continue about 1-2 miles up to the plateau on top.

We will hang around on top for about an hour, get some pictures, and then venture down to Chuck's cabin for conversation, and winching.

I have two huge snags that I need to cut down, and winch up the hill for easy removal.

This will be an opportunity to discuss safe recovery techniques, and to show off your "line speed".

Anyone who wants to come up the night prior is welcome at my place either Saturday evening for campfire and conversation, and / or early for breakfast.

Bring your gloves, Indian blankets, snatch blocks and other equipment you would like to try out.

See you there

Chuck

Last edited:
I was in till I was reminded it was Mother's day.:doh:

Hey Chuck, can me and Fam crash at the cabin saturday night? Do we need to drop a tent in the yard or do you have space? What should we bring fro food and drink?

Alvin - I have a big flat area perfect for tent camping. You guys are welcome to camp here.

Just bring wherever you need for your stay, I will have extra sides, chips and beverages.

Look forward to it!

Chuck

Actually, I better check on the Mother's Day thing before I commit. Hang on for a day or two before making firm plans.

I will let you know if it will be the 11th, or maybe the next weekend

Chuck

Discretion is the better part of valor....

I hope no one objects to postponing this a week to deconflict with Mother's Day!

The game plan would be the same..... I plan to be on top on Saturday Night by about 4:00 - 5:00 PM. If anyone wants to camp at my place, let me know, and I will get you directions. There's enough spots for several (3-4) tents. Anyone who wants to come up the night prior is welcome for campfire and conversation, and / or early for breakfast.

On Sunday - We will be meeting on top of Mount Lemmon on Sunday, 18 May. The game plan is to hook up on the top, above the Ski Area again. You pass the Ski Area parking lot and continue about 1-2 miles up to the plateau on top.

We will hang around on top for about an hour, get some pictures, and then venture down to Chuck's cabin for conversation, and winching.
I have two huge snags that I need to cut down, and winch up the hill for easy removal.

This will be an opportunity to discuss safe recovery techniques, and to show off your "line speed".

Bring your gloves, Indian blankets, snatch blocks and other equipment you would like to try out.

See you there

Chuck

Discretion is the better part of valor....

I hope no one objects to postponing this a week to deconflict with Mother's Day!

Chuck

Actually makes it more possible. I had pull the tranny and tcase from my parts rig and hopefully swap my springs as this wekeends projects, which pretty much cut me out. Hopefully I can get that done over next weekend and be able to trail up to Summerhaven.

Glenn and Lars (and possibly Molly the Collie)

We're out that weekend. Bummer.

Sorry to hear that. We are up on top a lot - you guys are always welcome.

Glenn - thanks for the RSVP. Anyone else - post up if you plan to come up. Hope to see you on top.

Chuck

I will try to make it up on the 18th. What time on Sunday up top? Rex if you are going up the back what time and where to meet? Probably on my own for this one.

If I make it back in time after the flagstaff expo I'll be there

How about a 1200 Meet up on top? That way we don't have to leave too early!

Chuck

Rita, Sam and I plan on coming up Sunday. Anybody want to go up the Control Road?

Pencil Braedon and I in. 9am at (Oracle) Circle K?

You are officially on the RSVP List! Look forward to seeing everyone!

Chuck

Looking forward to seeing everyone on top! It's getting hot down here!

Bring Winch Gear if you have it.

Chuck

We are out (sucks). Still recovering from some H1N1 thing that followed us home from Flagstaff.

The weather is spectacular up here. Hope to see you on top!

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom