Middle row reclining hinges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stop pins gone

Deleted pic

Laid back cruiser
pic deleted

More laid back. Family journey starts early tomorrow, I want the wife and kids to sleep. Not sure where the 100 lb Newf puppy will sleep.

pic deleted due to lack of interest

Scott,

Did you grind notches to get them to stay in that position?

Nope, gravity keeps them there. They click into their normal position when unfolding or bringing them up. Testing begins this morn, time to wake the kids....

HEY, i just got back here,somehow i missed the new address change for the forum and its been a couple a days since i have visited :'(

anyway,i remember when i first bought my 80 back in march of last year i tried to get some info from maf on those hinges and they didnt reply to my e-mail inquiries so thats why !!!!

Scott,keep us updated,as i use my 80 as a camper in the fall and i am exploring options for the rear seat area......

thanks

doug

Very easy mod, maybe an hour for a first-timer with minimal skills and few tools (me). The middle row reclines from normal to about 30-degrees from flat and hits a solid internal hinge stop. No adjustments between. They don't hit the 3rd-row seats unless they're stowed up. The 3rd-row seats recline to about 45-degrees and adjustable all the way back. The rear hatch prevents that much recline when closed.

The mod was a big hit for our 500-mile weekend, the kids slept most of the drive. It's not for camping, but sure comfortable for napping. I'm looking at the passenger seat slides now, if I can run those forward I could fold the seat back flat. Unfortunately I just got word my airline is sending me to a month of training in Dallas, for a much busier plane. I may lose my excellent job at the machine shop and access to all that great stuff. :'( I may also be sleeping in my truck more often.

I don't worry about any seat other than the driver seat. :flipoff2: If the wife don't like the pass seat, she can stay at home where she belongs. If the little poopmachine needs a recliner, I'll mount a lazyboy on the roofrack. :flipoff2:

Hi there. My name is Mot and I'm new to this forum. Very nice site with loads of useful information.

I know I'm a little late in joining in on this topic, but Shuei still has the hinges that MAF might have carried(don't know if they are identical or not). I know that they, at least, used to ship overseas. You can recline them at five different positions.

http://www.shuei.co.jp/shopping/interior/shuei/rear/rear.html

Also this might be of more interest to many of you here:

This company below(M&P House in Japan) makes full-flat kits for both 80 and 100 which would allow the second row seats to recline completely flat w/o the lower part of the seats sticking out uncomfortably. The kit allows the second row seats to slide(move?) forward to allow the backrest of the seats to recline all the way flat(minus the headrests, perhaps). They say that it makes it comfortable enough for adults to sleep in the LC(unless you played basket ball;)

http://www.mp-house.com/flatkit.html

On their site, they show both assembling and disassembling processes in detail. Just follow their links if interested. Hopefully, even w/o being able to read Japanese you will be able to get the gist of it.

I apologize in advance if this has already been brought up in the past.

Glad to have found this forum! :)

mot,
Welcome aboard and thanks for posting the info. I'm sure several will find that very usefull. Now at some point, you'll have to fess up some details of your rig. :D

Junk,

Thanks!

I guess I'm a wannabe right now. I was living in the US for awhile and I moved back to Japan a few years ago.

I have been wanting to buy an 80 since before moving back. But since I am planning on moving back to the US I have not bought one yet. I would like to when my family and I move back in a few months.

But before moving back, I would like to gather some items which are easier to pick up in Japan, such as going to a junk yard and rip out an entire rear AC assembly from a wagon model so I could install it in the US(I hope it's not too difficult of a job). I am also interested in, not that you asked for it, but ... getting a crystal-like tail light assembly, as well as front and side blinker lenses and a few other gadgets.

Anyway, I'm glad to be aboard. This already feels like a very nice place for cruiserheads. ;)

mot

Welcome MOT,
Those sites seem interesting, however I'll have to admit my Japanese hasn't improved since the last time I couldn't read it :'(. Any chance you could help me and others out with the translation?

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures, etc., but, just paste the web url into "bablefish" by Altavista, "http://world.altavista.com/", which will translate into English.

The site shows the seats reclined, installation instructions, and numerous pictures. Still with the seats relcined flat doesn't look that confortable......

Joe

Rick and Joe,

I was going to try to translate the procedures until I tried the algelfish deal on Alta Vista. Although the translation was not without flow you could get the gist of it, I think.

At times it is even humorous :D

They say that they tried to use as much parts that are already being used with the seats, I imagine it still won't be that cheap. But what do I know.

Anyway, Rick(and anyone else) if you would like any assistance or clarification, or even want me to ask them how much the kit(s) actually cost(s), don't hesitate to ask.

Mot

If I remember correctly(or is it IIRC?), the hinges cost 19,000yen, 5% sales tax and shipping. If Shuei does not mail directly to your doorstep I could have them mail them to my place and then ship them to your address.

I imagine shipping to my place would cost about 1,000 yen and then I would like to mail them express/registered/insured so we can track it, etc... If we go that route, you could pay about 25,000 or 30,000 tops.

At current exchange rate (118 yen to the dollar) that means between a $220 or so to $250(I'm not good at math).

Now, I think I have seen them somewhat cheaper on Yahoo Japan, but I have not re-registered with them since they have started requiring auction users to pay fees to use their service.

I have actually thought about getting a bunch of LC items while in Japan. I guess I'll have to make sure I'll leave enough room for socks and underwear in my suitcase :D

Mot

[quote author=mot link=board=2;threadid=4296;start=msg34269#msg34269 date=1061602965]
I have actually thought about getting a bunch of LC items while in Japan. I guess I'll have to make sure I'll leave enough room for socks and underwear in my suitcase :D[/quote]

If you stock up on the right stuff, you won't have to bring anything home. You can buy all new. :D :flipoff2: :D

You mean I will be able to buy new briefs if I get the right stuff and sell them to the listers?

It will be nice because my mom stopped buying me underwear since moving out of home after graduating from highschool(1988). :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom