Help with adding oil to AC system (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and nothing really specific came up so on to the question.

How does one go about adding the pag oil to the AC system? It does not say in the fsm. I can only assume it gets added to the compressor some how and then gets circulated through the system. If anyone has had some experience with this please post up as I would really like to get my AC up and running again. I have the pag oil and 134a ready to go. I just need to know how to add the pag oil.

:cheers:
Justin

I replaced the evap core and the expansion valve and the drier

If the system hasn't been vacuumed down yet, disconnect the suction hose from the compressor and add the oil into the top of the compressor. Throw a new o-ring on the hose connection, if you haven't already. Once you've got it back together, spin the the compressor hub a dozen or so times to distribute the oil. Now vacuum it down for 45 minutes or so and you're ready to charge. You should only need maybe 2 or 3 oz. you don't want to add too much. If the system is already pressurized, you can get an oil in jector that will allow you to add oil to the low side service port.

best thing to do is pour ot the oil from the old parts into a container that you can measure out the oil in and try to match that with the new oil. if you dont have the parts any more try a can of something this Advance Auto Parts: R-134a EZ Chill 13 oz. R-134a Refrigerant Plus Oil and Leak Sealer by Interdynamics - Part SD-134.

it doesnt really matter where the oil is added because it is circulated by the refirgerant. and when you recharge the system dont over charge it and pay attention to the a/c label under the hood that tell you how much refrigerant to put in.

You guys are life savers as always.

One trick I use when I don't have my injector and didn't add oil (forgot), is to suck it straight out of the bottle after I vacuum for a short period of time.

This is how it's done. Vacuum, remove the yellow hose from the pump, submerge the yellow hose into the bottle of oil, open the high side and allow the oil to be sucked in. You can allow air to get into the system to clear the charge hose and the high side hose. Then vacuum (again) on the low side and charge it up. With some cars, it's just not feasible to add oil straight to the compressor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom