Camping/hiking invite - CLear Creek July 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Myself and another CSC member is out of here this hot weekend for some cool camping and hiking at Clear Creek. I know it a late notice but that how I roll:rolleyes: given whats been going on lately.

If interested PM me for more detailed direction and weekend activities.

Here is a link and pictures from previous trips to the same area
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/camping-invite-for-clear-creek-june-30.602421/

Last edited:
Oh yeah..

img_20120701_141319-jpg.650550

Unfortunately the "Man" keeps us at work today - have a good time

Be sure not to drive or step on any rebar spikes. Being stuck here in the valley is killing me. Have a good time.

Be sure not to drive or step on any rebar spikes. Being stuck here in the valley is killing me. Have a good time.

The dirt road we will be taking is to access a hiking trail so Im guessing it covered in virgin fairy dust and bordered with rose pedals.

I know that area well. There is always a rainbow over head. Spent many a hour searching for the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

I was up there last weekend, there were 2 fires in the area, 1 off of the point the 142e road goes out on, and another on the next point east of there. Both of those roads were closed off, and there was a lot of smoke in the area depending on the wind direction.

I was up there last weekend, there were 2 fires in the area, 1 off of the point the 142e road goes out on, and another on the next point east of there. Both of those roads were closed off, and there was a lot of smoke in the area depending on the wind direction.

Had to look at the travel map you see where 142E is. That is south side of West Clear Creek. I believe where Phil is headed is to East Clear Creek off of forest service road 95. Not sure of any fires in that area. Any fire big that the smoke would travel that far would make the news. I know a few small fires are being allowed to burn.

Yes, I always assume whenever anyone talks about clear creek, they mean west clear creek- not many people know about east. My mistake. Both fires were under 100 acres and were being babysat by a small village.

Left Friday at 4PM :eek: trailer in tow, 2 hours later open the windows to AHH weather. Was able to navigate around the storms at 7800' while hiking down to East Clear Creek the steep way and seeing the local sites. Trail marker now have hoodies.:hillbilly:Returned home looking cleaner then when I left.
thumb.gif

IMG_9299.JPG
IMG_9307.JPG
IMG_9309.JPG
IMG_9311.JPG
IMG_9314.JPG

it was a long and scenic hike down to the water: 83 degrees with a breeze and thunderclouds rumbling close by.

The water was cool and packed with crawdads! Years ago on a West clear creek hike our group gathered a bunch up and had a crawfish bake

E clear creek.jpg

Been to East Clear Creek a few times and once to West Clear Creek. Looks as pristine as it ever did. Any rain?

Zona

Threatened a lot and surrounded on all sides by lightning and dark sky each afternoon and into the evening to only get some drops. Couldn't of asked for better - all the coolness without the bothersome mud

Ih8mud :hillbilly:

Made a quick trip up during the week to check on the place and see which trees APS plan to cut/trim around the power lines. Took a drive to Blue Ridge Reservoir to see what was done to the boat ramp. Spring last year it was full. Now it's way down. Payson is spending millions to pipe the water there from the reservoir. Curious what the agreement is. Would hate to see them starve East Clear Creek to satisfy Payson's water needs. There may be some spring below the dam that I'm not aware of feeding it. Too few spots like the two Clear Creeks in AZ to have them destroyed. On the way back I took the 751B road to the Doppler Radar site. I debated continuing on the 751B to the lockout of taking the 138 road down off the ridge to the Moqui/Blue Ridge camp grounds. I chose rocks over mud. More rocks on 138 but fewer mud holes. Nice road taking off 138 marked 138H. It's not on the travel map as a legal road but still a marked road.:bang: How much would it really cost for the forest service to make up some closed stickers they could cover these signs. Can't cost anymore then installing hooded trail markers.:rolleyes: Would be nice to see them put at least a little effort into helping the forest users easily figure out what's legal and what isn't.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom