Bridging Ladders! (AKA waffles or greatest invention ever!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You've probably seen or heard about fiberglass bridging ladders that not only get you unstuck in the mud or sand but can support your vehicle's weight and get you across ditches, up rocks walls, and through everything else while still being lightweight and easy to handle. But if you're like me, you can only find them in the UK or in small sizes. So I bought 2 giant sheets, had them cut into sizes I thought were good, and now I have a ton of leftovers that I need to get rid of! These babies will never rust and can be cleaned by just hosing them off. They're coated with a gritted surface to aid in giving traction no matter if you're in sand or mud or need to bridge or climb somthing. They're nothing short of totally sweet. I have 4 different sizes. Here's the specs:

Size Load (when supported on ends) Price
80 (1/4)" x 18 (1/4)" x 2" 1700 $250
80 (1/4)" x 10 (1/4)" x 2" 1000 $240
62 (1/4)" x 10 (1/4)" x 2" 1800 $200
38 (1/4)" x 8 (1/4)" x 2" 4200 $70

Since these will only hold one wheel on one axle at a time, (aside from the 80x10) you can load it even beyond gross weight and these will still hold together when supported only by the ends and weighted in the middle. In actuality, however, you'll bridge a lesser gap than the size of the grating since you'd need the ground to support the weight, too. The 80x10 is a good choice if you'd use it mainly for its sand ladder capability or will support it somehow but want it to bridge short distances too (up to 60"). Prices include shipping. Please ask if you want to know more or see more pictures! Here's a few.
IMGP0354.JPG
IMGP0355.JPG
IMGP0356.JPG

Last edited:
Have you posted these on expedition portal? Im sure there would be some interested parties I would get some if I wasnt strapped for cash.
thanks

i'm interested but it would be at least a month before i can scrounge the dough together. you in a hurry to get rid of these?

What is the status on the bridging ladders?

i worked for the borough before i retired and we had that stuff for drain covers worked pretty good used the leftovers for

It'd be nice to get rid of a few of these, so I'll let them go for a little less now:

80x18 $300
80x10 $250
62x10 $220
38x8 $100

Prices get them to your door.

Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom