GSMTR Photo and Tall Tale Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CandyPants

K9CRZ
SILVER Star
Threads
OK folks, here are some shots and stories from GSMTR this year. I can tell you I had a fantastic time! It was smaller this year than others, but that worked really well for me since I racked up in the raffle!

Here are some photos and commentary in chronological order...I didn't get there until Wed. night, so others may have more stuff before this. Dan and Steve did Slickrock on Tuesday...so hoping to see photo proof of that!

Thursday AM we hit the trails and ended up at Lower 2 to watch some 40's pick there way up. Lot's of winching going on that day on Lower 2. We did spend quite a bit of time wheelin', but since I was driving I don't have many shots.

GSMTR07_002.jpg

GSMTR07_003.jpg

GSMTR07_004.jpg

GSMTR07_006.jpg

GSMTR07_008.jpg

GSMTR07_016.jpg

Thursday night, it seemed, was the party. CC offered us a harmless looking potion that turned out to kick our asses...lemons, sugar, and vodka. I don't think I will ever be the same! So as you can imagine...the night lasted well into the morning. Here's Steve and CC...I think this is a good indication how most of that evening went. Oh, and as you can see...Steve's offending "bag of doritos" is present in the photo.

GSMTR07_017.jpg

I'll continue with more in the next post...

The next morning we got up WAY too early as the East Coast FJ Cruiser Trail Team wailed on the horn at us as they headed by the cabin towards Lower 2. After dragging ourselves out of the cabin, we headed over to watch them get 2 FJ Cruisers up Lower 2. They were lifted (only with a spacer lift) and skid plated, but other wise stock. A magnificent show by Gustav and Woody getting those trucks up Lower 2 with no more damage than a peeled sticker on the "princess" that was the Baja FJC. They only pulled cable a few times.

Dan was right behind them with the Avocado and did a fantastic job coming up with the help of Lance from IronPig spotting him up. No cable for Dan...he just walked up!

GSMTR07_021.jpg

GSMTR07_025.jpg

GSMTR07_026.jpg

GSMTR07_028.jpg

GSMTR07_031.jpg

GSMTR07_035.jpg

GSMTR07_036.jpg

GSMTR07_040.jpg

GSMTR07_042.jpg

GSMTR07_043.jpg

GSMTR07_047.jpg

GSMTR07_048.jpg

GSMTR07_049.jpg

After Lower 2, I headed out with the Trail Team, Alex, and others to wheel for the afternoon. I don't have any pictures from the trip because I was so busy driving, I forgot to take any. Dan and Steve decided that sleep and food were a better option for them and headed back to the cabin. We hit 4, 5, 6, and 8 up to the top of slickrock and watched for a while. Then we headed back down the way we came up. Running out of time before the dinner and raffle, we got stuck behind a broken 40 at Fain's Ford, but ended up out and on our way.

The dinner on Friday was great...pulled pork and catfish. STLCA did a great job again with the food and the prizes. A number of us UC folks got some stuff...and the GA Cruisers did pretty well too. I took home a BFG hat, t-shirt, IH8MUD travel cup, Powertank tire patch kit, an Iron Pig bracket for a power steering pump for a Saginaw Conversion, and a FULL 20lb Powertank set up!!!! Sweet!

So after the raffle, we hung out at the fire pit since it was getting REALLY COLD. A few adult beverages and Dan tried to sell me to KOWBOY of the White Trash of the Ellwood Chapter. The price was only $1500 and I wasn't so pleased with that so I smacked Dan in the head with 3 beer cans at different times during the negotiations. Luckily, Dan know's what's best for him and I returned home to the cabin with my honor intact. Hehehehe!

What a fun bunch of folks out there! I had a blast meeting some ner folks and connecting up with a bunch of old friends.

Saturday morning we cleaned up the cabin, Alex and Steve headed home, and John, Dan and I wheeled with the TT for the day. I didn't drive this time so I could take some photos and wheel the TT trucks a little bit. It was great to spend some time with Woody and Gustav behind the wheel of the FJ Cruiser. If you haven't gone along on a drive and ride with these folks, you really should try to find them at an event and do it. They have a ton of knowlege about the rigs and are great fun to hang around with.

Here are some of the pics from Saturday...

GSMTR07_051.jpg

GSMTR07_054.jpg

GSMTR07_055.jpg

GSMTR07_058.jpg

GSMTR07_061.jpg

GSMTR07_063.jpg

GSMTR07_064.jpg

GSMTR07_078.jpg

GSMTR07_080.jpg

GSMTR07_083.jpg

GSMTR07_086.jpg

GSMTR07_087.jpg

Saturday was a beautiful day...best weather all week. After we got done, we headed for home. On the way, we decided to head to meet JP over in Conyers, GA at the 24-hour mountain biking event. Although not nearly on the way, we couldn't let him escape ATL without seeing him! He seems to be having a great time and it was nice to talk a bit and relax.

Well...that's about it for me. I am sure more will come to me as I try to wake up this morning. It was a long week, but so much fun!!!

Thanks to everyone for making it a memorable event!

I have no recollection of that pic of me and CC... I do remember having a few :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: s though...

It was a great time...glad to see those who came out. I now have a fire lit under my butt to get my Piggie back on the trails!!!

I have no recollection of that pic of me and CC... I do remember having a few :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: s though...

Steve,

Does this mean you have no memory of the deeply philosophical issues we discussed?? What about the part where I said you are one of the most intuitive, responsible, intelligent, handsome and funny people I've ever met? Not to mention smart enough to figure out how to get rides in UC Cruisers!!!

Oh, maybe it was the Doritos........... :bounce:

I hope you plan to attend the UC BBQ at our house on July 14th because we are stocking up on different varieties of Doritos for you.

Hmmm....its all becoming clear now!!!

I told my wife about the Doritos and she said "YOU DON'T EAT DORITOS!!!"

I think Ali and I will be at the BBQ - I'll have to bring something veggie for her!

What does 'philosophical' mean???

It's all becoming clear now!!!

I would like to help you recall, Steve, but crossing Amnesia Creek has left only these vague and fuzzy meanderings, and I can't quite seem to bring them to conscious awareness. Something about a cap? Murders?
Hunger? A long beer stein on a necklace? Makes no sense now!

I've got some pics, but for now, I've gotta post the 'Cado's flex shot. I rode with Dan on 4 Wednesday, and we got a nice shot of him stuffin' the 37's on his 80. Looks possible to me.

I'll try to post the rest later... Dan, I have the high-res versions if you want them.
DSC02066-small.JPG
DSC02067-small.JPG
DSC02068-small.JPG

Thanks! Mine didn't turn out as well so those are awesome!

Just post up more pics of lower 2 damnit! :)

Pic 1) Dan on Lower 2 Thursday
Pic 2) Some random guys on Lower 2 Wednesday
Pic 3) Meet Jake (thanks for the correction CC!)

I do have some non-wheelin' mucho drinkin' pics if anyone pleases. I have to get Dan's permission first... :grinpimp:
P1010024resizeweb.JPG
P1010182resizeweb.JPG
P1010178resizeweb.JPG

Last edited:
hmm, you better send em to me first...

dankunz at yahoo dot com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom