5th annual Tucson CSC New Years Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
I want to do something a little different this year. I'm bored with the Gap. This year we're going to run the Rug Road. Here's some pics from our run in July Rug Road

For those interested, we will camp after the run and head back over the Rug Road the next day. For those not interested in camping, you can head out toward Safford and home from there same day. The road is narrow and there are no bailout points. You either go all the way or turn around and find your way back. If we run into any traffic coming the other way, it could be ugly, but we'll figure it out.

I'll get some more info in the next few days on what time and all, but the run will be on Friday January 1st. We will leave from Mammoth Az. It will be a long day, especially if you're not camping. The run is around 5-7 hours if we stop and check stuff out and have fun. Thats just the time the trail will take. from the end of the run to Safford is appx 1-2 hours and wherever your going from there.
What I'm saying is, be prepared for a long day, otherwise stay home.

Decent tires and good driver additude = a must
lift kit = a good idea
armor and lockers = not necessary, but good
lunch and water and snacks for whole day = definitely
overnite camping = all the usual + extra gas would be good to head back the way we came in. Just in case.

Post more later.

Friday January 1st
Meet at Mammoth Circle K around 8am leave around 830

1) MaddBaggins 80
2) Splitshot 40
3) a.mus.ed 80
4) Tools R us 80
5) GeoRoss 80
6) Claudia/Michael 40/K5
7) Stepmurr Taco
8) Tim XTerra
9) Jim FJC
10) Brittan 80

**Tucson folks**
If you want to run from Tucson to Mammoth thru Reddington and the River Road, meet at the Circle K at 12177 East Tanque Verde at 6am

Last edited:
My kinda trip, I'm in. Is this road trailer material? Looked like it in the picks. Rug road 102 is now in my personal zen photo box.

Last edited:
My kinda trip, I'm in. Is this road trailer material? Looked like it in the picks.

What kind of trailer we talking?

I've been beating that same idea in my head:hmm: but after running it with a leaved sprung, underpowered, turd polishing steering rig, I'm leaning on no attachments on my 40..The Gap is tougher IMO, but this road is a good solid major 5-6 hour bumpy (but better scenery).

I'm down pending approval from the wifey - you scheduled it on our first anniversary. I put the bug in her ear to come along, we'll see what happens.

Sign me up, dunno about camping, I'll have to see what the general consensus is on that. Hopefully I'll have tires by then, or I'll have to rethink it.

My kinda trip, I'm in. Is this road trailer material? Looked like it in the picks. Rug road 102 is now in my personal zen photo box.

Might be a bit nerve racking with a trailer and I seem to remember at least 2 spots where I had to make a 3 point turn to get around a corner. That would be a pain in the ass with a trailer.

Put me as a maybe, that trail is high on my must run list. IIRC, the run back from Safford is ~4hr, so would need a hotel night. So will need to see what can be worked out?

What kind of trailer we talking?

I was thinking this one, but sounds like it's out. I just don't want to put it up on the truck.

IMG_0001.jpg

Put me as a maybe, that trail is high on my must run list. IIRC, the run back from Safford is ~4hr, so would need a hotel night. So will need to see what can be worked out?

You afraid to camp out with us?

Brian, the couple switchbacks I remember would make that real tough. If you need a ground tent, let me know. I have a few.

Nice trailer! dragging it behind a short wheelbased 40 series might work, but I agree, you would hate yourself if you did (in my humble opinion of course..).;)

Can't tell I'm looking forward to it, CB is in the company truck to get worked on manana. Tell me they can fix it while I wait..:cool:

I was thinking this one, but sounds like it's out. I just don't want to put it up on the truck.

Awesome trailer (and tent!). Is that picture on Mt. Lemmon?

Is the trail :princess: 100-series friendly? OME lift and 295's with step sliders?

Nice trailer! dragging it behind a short wheelbased 40 series might work, but I agree, you would hate yourself if you did (in my humble opinion of course..).;)

Can't tell I'm looking forward to it, CB is in the company truck to get worked on manana. Tell me they can fix it while I wait..:cool:

Like I said, I'll have at least one empty seat in my rig. You're welcome to it.

This is gonna be a good New Years Run!!

You afraid to camp out with us?

Afraid, no, I'm not well setup for camping anymore, especially in cold weather. It also depends on who maybe coming with, my wife isn't into camping, so hotel makes for a happy wife and we know what that means.:flipoff2:

Like I said, I'll have at least one empty seat in my rig. You're welcome to it.

This is gonna be a good New Years Run!!

I agree! and thanks may take you up on that..:) But someone has to run it in a 40 series:meh: (be cool to get a piggy in the mix also).

Thinking on tossing in a chainsaw for cooking steaks on real wood... (mesquite this time)..

Awesome trailer (and tent!). Is that picture on Mt. Lemmon?

Thanks, and thanks for the tent to. It's treasure park on Mt. Graham.

Alvin, I might take you up on the tent. I do have one I'm just not sure if everything is still together. I'm just so spoiled with the RTT and trailer.

Good deal a chainsaw on the trail, are the Canadians coming, they would be impressed! :lol:

:D

Seriously I've also got one of those huge 3 room Costco tents if needed..

Hmmmm

Been itching to give the 60 a true trail experience, but its only running 31's and no lift. Would also have to make sure the lockers and tcase actually *work* (yeah, I know, whine, whine) since I've only done some light offroading near Cascabell, and only needed the stock clearance.

Put the wife and me down as tentative. We're setup for camping but weather dependant on on, ahem, whether she would want to be camping. :)

Glenn

:D

Seriously I've also got one of those huge 3 room Costco tents if needed..

If it's just me it's not an issue, I sleep in the back of the rig, one of the advantages of wheeling a huge station wagon.:hillbilly: If momma is attending and I hope she does, she has this rule about indoors plumbing at the sleeping place.:princess:

Is the trail :princess: 100-series friendly? OME lift and 295's with step sliders?

Yes on the rig and setup, but how do you feel about your paint?

As with most southern AZ trails, you will get pinstriped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom