Sept. 18 Crown King Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Anybody in for the Crown King run this Saturday? LandCruiserPhil and I are talking about meeting at "painted rocks" on the attached map at 8:30 AM. Having lunch at the Mill in Crown King and maybe checking out some of the mines if there is time before heading back. Any better ideas on route or meeting place? It looks like about 15 miles from painted rocks to Crown King, how long will that run take?

This Friday is the meeting at Sonic? 7 PM? On Broadway? The Quick Trip parking lot worked well last time.

ck_map.jpg

yeah its a couple hrs if your driving through, i however like to poke around the multitude of mines and mining "stuff".

i thought we were planning the run on the fri. cruise-in,,, i will be there and i know rush55 and sledge are planning on driving down for the meet and run.

if we have interest the drive up to the desoto mine is nice and tame with great views. but the desoto trail would have to be another day.

I'm there!! And I'm sure there's tons of other stuff to do besides just driving up the trail, but I can understand the aprehension of leaving the cockpit of an air conditioned, leather seated, doodad littered, marvel of modern ingenuity. Afterall it's a dangerous world outside. But I myself plan on making the most of it, windows down, bench seat, leaf springs and all.

Roll the windows down and get dust on all of my bling? Plus the tire/motor noise might interfere with the fine tunes from the CD changer. ... :eek:

There is a bunch of cool stuff up there to see, some info here;

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/azyavapai.html

http://www.azghosttowns.com/gmap1.html

The Oro Belle Mine looks cool.

I agree on planning Friday night, but some can't make it to Sonic, so having atleast meeting place and time nailed down before then would be good?

ya got a point there toolio man. my CD player bit the dust from i assume dust, i have yet to try and clean it out.

yes lets kick down a meeting time/place for the run and i'll be sure it gets relayed at the cruise-in, 8:30 at the CK rock????

since you'll be busy polishing your wheels for the run,,,,, oh and i cant leave out phil,, get a good coat of wax on that snorkel of yours pal,,,,

Yashica and I might be able to be persuaded to attend the run. But it'll have to be in
the Heep.
Will let y'all know at QT, err I mean.. umm... Sonic. :D

hey man i got no probs with a heep,,,, plenty of cruisers to help it along :)

i was going to offer my pass seat to you.

i could be talked into camping at horsethief lake,, other than just exploring about the only other "trail" in the area is desoto. but there is a ton of old mine roads and just "stuff" to explore in the area.... since HJ60 is gonna bring his heep i have a seat. (motorcycle guy)??

Hey Sledgero, the master Blingmiester himself, cool to hear you're gonna come! Don't worry guys, I'm bringing my branch clippers! I'm looking out for all of us, even me; I don't wanna scratch that fresh coat of spay paint I just put on.
So Sledge, are ya making the meeting too, or just the run? Didja go hit Smiley Rock last w/e?
As for camping, dunno, but sounds cool, guess we'll just halfta see.

all right you got me rush55, bee lover.

I tryed not to make it shinny, I was going for the matt look, darn thing just shines, I even left some recent scratches in the clear for you to see, I know you will be proud!

1.5 gall of clear makes it a little easyer to sand out scratchs and buff.

No did not go with the bling group last weekend, got to busy, but I am coming down for this one, I don't think I can make it fri night, will be sat morning.

Got my cb working good how about you dustin, mr buzzzsrartchzzzzzzzzz radio.

Did you get the airlines in and fix exhaust leak?

I have a couple in a modded out boob a con (rubicon JXXP) that might want to come, is that cool or is this a toy run, just checkin before I ask em.

they are not hicks like us but nice people.

Sethro

Ten-four sledge, got the exhaust leaks completely squared away, but thats a big "No" on the CB good buddy. Ts'OK though, gonna git-er-done on Friday, so I can yak on Sat. Also no air lines yet, but maybe I can get that PSI switch down in Phx. too.
BTW I like that "hick" comment, can already see our club gettin' divided, between the "hicks" and the "yups"! Over...

Hey sethro,
Heeps are ok.
Nice people are not.
They're usually too faint hearted to take the likes of Rhino, BMAN, BMT and myself.
Let 'em know what they're in fer.
And we never exclude anyone on the basis of 4x4 brand. I belong to both sides of the
conflict. :)

If my smog pump's in my mailbox like I think it is, and I can get the other parts and some free time, I may be able to drive the 60, but I still need springs. We'll see.
Plan on lending us a strap or winch from time to time. One of my rear lockers (E-brakes) is
close to failing. :(

Rhino-
Shica and I may be persuaded to camp. She gets in from DC tonight. I'll aks her. We have a
couple of 'usual' camping spots. It'll be good to try something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom