St. Patty's Day Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm considering re-running Telegraph Canyon Trail (we did this last December on a rainy day) next Saturday. The trail starts in Superior and comes out at Ajax mine. It was a really scenic trail with nothing difficult except some optional stuff on Ajax:bounce: at the end if you want to play in the rocks. Any interest?

I know I might regret commiting....but I am in. Tentatively.

Might be busy but will try to fit this in. Sounds like a great run.

Great - everybody be sure and show up Friday nite to get the new STL permit from LCPhil!

Carl

Hey Carl, if I don't get any interest in my Chiva thread, I might join you. I might need you to grab my STL permit from Phil for me. Or can you photocopy it?

Hey Carl, if I don't get any interest in my Chiva thread, I might join you. I might need you to grab my STL permit from Phil for me. Or can you photocopy it?

Cool - I'd like to see ya - I think they are all photocopies of one umbrella permit for the club, which is why valid only for club runs/functions. I'll grab one from Phil for you and if you don't make it you can email/pm me your address and I'll snail mail it

OK, here's the plan- We'll meet at the Basha's in Gold Canyon - thats on the north side of Hwy 60 at Superstition Mountain Road about 1.5 miles east of the end of the freeway - between 8:30 and 9:00. We should get underway by 9:30. CB Ch 4. My cell - for anyone who has last minute changes, questions, or simply wants to harass me - 480-510-7419.

I would have posted a Yahoo! map, but I'm apparently not as saavy as Kevin...

Carl

I'm gonna have to sit this one out Carl. I caught some bug and I'm really down and out. Sorry dude.

Me too (sorry that is) - I was hoping you'd bring Zoe!

Well, it seems it was the day for the General Dynamics contingent of CSC to wheel. Whipp and I made the obligatory wrong turn leaving the gas station - in spite of Karen's advice to the contrary. Crash Pilot Bob joined us as our token Heep driver - true to form, he said he wasn't going and showed up early. It was a beatiful day, but did get a bit warm at lower elevations.

Parts of the road had be bladed recently:mad: making the going pretty quick, fortunately dust level was low.
GDCSC.jpg
LimestoneRox.jpg
Whipp1.jpg

We tried to take what the map showed as the entrance to Orpan Boy mine, but it dead ended in a big hole I almost drove into. We backed out and continued on to Ajax for lunch.
bob1.jpg
whipp2.jpg

After lunch we drove to lower Ajax and played on some minor obstacles, getting Craig familiar with the location of his sliders and Karen familiar with the sound of mine. I recommended a mild lift to Whipp, who said that would be heading down a dangerous path;p Anyway it was fun palytime and we finished the whole run in under 5 hours - close to 1/2 the time it took last time around:bounce: - of course we didn't get lost as many times:eek:
Whipp3.jpg
suninmyeyes.jpg
bob3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom