Deathbox AKA Airmonger AKA LX450 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, my names Dan and this is my build. It's a 1997 Lexus LX450 with front/rear factory lockers when received. I've been trying to slowly build it into a LRFC or Long Range Family Camper. Also I go by airmonger on ExPo and PNWadventures.com

blackbetty.jpg

The day it came home.

rayhadley.jpg

Current Set up.

Last edited:
IBS and Dual Batteries.

ibs.jpg

Dual Battery with slee offroad battery tray and bottle washer relocation kit. One thing I love about the Landcruiser/lx450 is the amount of aftermarket support. You can get anything easily.

ibscontroller.jpg

The IBS battery Monitor. in the cab from Sierra Expeditions. The reason that I choose this over the national luna is that the "brains" of the unit ride in the cab and not in the engine bay.

OME Lift, Bumper, winch

Up Front I went with an ARB bumper and a warn m12000 and paired it with an OME heavy/med lift.

lift.jpg

We did the install and my friends shop. If you dont have all the tools I suggest you take up a hobby like homebrewing, you make friends quick.

suspension.jpg

Now I have some protection up front as well as some capable recovery when the time comes. I talked with Cristo Slee and went with a heavy coil set up front to hand the weight of the bumper/winch/battery combo. The rear has a medium spring set that I will upgrade if I get a rear bumper.

There are a few odds and ends that need to stay in the vehicle no matter what. They are items like tools, recovery equipment, lantern and a few other bulky items that I consider necessary for daily travel or extended trips. I wanted a place to put these thing securely so that in case of an accident they don't end up in my lap or my kids. I went with a half drawer setup so that I could still use one of the rear jump seats so that we can fit all 6 of us.

6 person configuration

3 person configuration(most trips of any length are attended my camping buddies, Maria and James. Mama likes to sit those out.)

Flip up side makes the most of the wheel well while providing for as much flat storage as possible.

lx450reardrawer.jpg

Fancy Instagram iphone photo.

Details on your CO2 setup?

Any future plans???

I want to get a 2m radio installed also some sliders and an awning. It never ends.

Details on your CO2 setup?

It a 5 lbs bottle from work along with a pepsi C02 regulator. I eventually replaced it with a Outback Extreme air compressor. I got tired of having to fill the little bottle up after each trip as well as always having to worry about having enough gas to fill back up at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom