Home made tub rotisserie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally done with all the bodywork I could do on the frame and decided to build the Rotisserie. Couldn't justify the $1200 Eastwood charged for theirs so $200 in steel and 12 manhours later this is the result. Think this will make the rest a breeze.

image-4198725744.jpg

image-1642961690.jpg
image-4198725744.jpg
image-1642961690.jpg

Looks great. I wish I could weld.

Sent from some technology I haven't figured out how to use yet.

Nice job explorer, I am using one right now with my tub. Almost makes body work fun, ok, not really.

So let me get this, you built this after you did all the body work?? Cause the tub looks great!

So let me get this, you built this after you did all the body work?? Cause the tub looks great!

If he is anything like I was, you start looking for things to do to get a break from the bodywork. I built a rotisserie for mine. I can't imagine doing all of the prep work and block sanding without it.

attachment.php

Makes way more sense to do as much metal work with the body still on the frame. This way you can make sure it's square with the bodymounts as well as your door and hardtop gaps.

It will also be alot easier to paint the tub being on the rotisserie for obvious reasons. My homemade unit is sitting right next to my tub/frame. I'm about half way through the major sheetmetal work. Boy I'll be happy when that's behind me.

My thoughts exactly. I replaced the half tub, quarter panels,rocker panels and floor pans on the chassis so all the holes and gaps would work.Now I can go to town on the bottom . Hopefully it will make the painters job easier and cost me a little less ( well I can only hope)

I guess I never thought of it like that!? My tub is sitting on the frame awaiting final detail welding/restoration work, but I've been dreading climbing all over it for the samnding and prep work.
Very cool idea, I always thought of rotisserie as too much, but this looks doable.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom