For Sale 1996 FZJ80, Blown Headgasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1996 FZJ80 in Cincinnati, Blown HG

If you have any mechanical skills and some spare time, this might be something you are interested in. If I was still in the midwest, I would fix it up and keep it for myself.

I am trying to figure out what I can get for it. If you are interested my phone number is three four seven 6 8 7 three eight 4 4. Make me some offers, I have text messaging. Even if you aren't interested in buying, feel free to suggest some offers that would be fair for all parties. The community has been good to me, so I trust your suggestions.

It is in great condition except that it blew a head gasket right before I moved for work. It is in Cincinnati, Ohio and I can't realistically go back, fix it, drive it back here. If I can't sell it, I guess I'll just donate it for a tax break.

PRICE: How about $4000 (PM me). Possibly partial or full trade for another one here in California.

-190K Miles
-Blown Headgasket
-Replaced Catalytic Converter within 10k miles
-Rebuilt Front Axle
-New Rotors and Front calipers, within 25k miles ago.
-I believe the AC has become discharged
-TJM Bullbar
-Locking Differentials that work with no hesitation
-Replaced Radiator within 10k
-Replaced PHH
-Religiously replaced oil every 3k with that synthetic blend
-Battery is within a couple years old (although no doubt dead)
-Replaced Head Unit (see pics)
-Leather seats cleaned
-A few pinstripes
-Koyo Ventures, a bunch of tread left (didn't get many chances to take it offroad)
-2" lift (sitting in a box, not installed)
-Blue castor correction bushings (not installed)
-Extended Breather Tubes
-Resistor Mod for Linear Temp Gauge

Ok, picture time (at least what I have so far)

LH1.jpg

Rebuilding Front Axle

LH2.jpg

Replaced Calipers

LH3.jpg

ARB Bullbar

LH4.jpg

LH5.jpg

Hardcore Offroading

LH6.jpg

Wheels/Tires

LH7.jpg

LC before putting the Bullbar on

LH8.jpg

Interior is Good Shape

LH9.jpg

After market Dash with CB Radio (not hooked up yet)

LH10.jpg

Soft seats

LH11.jpg

Interior

LH12.jpg

Interior
LH13.jpg

LH14.jpg

LH15.jpg

LH16.jpg

LH17.jpg

LH18.jpg

Additional Images in a post below!!!

Last edited:
hmmmmm

tempting... but gotta you throw a price up of of some kind (realistic though)... and it's a TJM bumper not ARB... just as quality though...

Schaan--sorry to hear that your Cruiser is down with the HG. How long ago did it occur, and do you know whether you have coolant in the oil system or vice-versa?

Schaan--sorry to hear that your Cruiser is down with the HG. How long ago did it occur, and do you know whether you have coolant in the oil system or vice-versa?

It has been sitting in the garage for about 9 months. I do not know about the direct status of the coolant or the oil. All I know is that it started misfiring, occasional bubbles in the coolant when running, and a sweet smelling exhaust.

Nice hearing from you again, it has been a long time since the Isuzu escapades.

ttt :)

Sorry for the hijack...but what the hell is "the PHH job" ? When looking at 80's people always mention the PHH, but I have no clue what it is.

BUMP as well, it looks like a nice truck.

Zack

More Images Here

LH19.jpg

LH20.jpg

LH21.jpg

LH22.jpg

LH23.jpg

LH24.jpg

LH25.jpg

LH26.jpg

LH27.jpg

LH28.jpg

Sorry to hear you have to sell your Cruiser. Any interest in selling the TJM bumper separately? Please contact me via email or PM.

In the process of selling my FJ, if it's still available when it's gone we may have a deal!

PM sent.

New Price!

If you end up donating it, would you be willing to work some kind of a deal for your lift and tires? I'd have replacements for your tires. Thanks... and sorry about the HG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom