Now it's for real: RARE 1963 FJ45 SWB Pickup - 2nd owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I toyed with selling this about a month ago and now have come to realize I need to let her go.

PRICE: 11,500.00 (quite firm)

LOCATION: Pocatello, ID (travel from Idaho to Colorado every so often and can help deliver)

Details: 1963 FJ45L This is the short wheel base pickup. I will have even newer photos up this week, but these were taken recently. NOT PICTURED: I have fixed the driver side of the box by welding in the drill holes for the ladder mount they had mounted. I have fixed the front passenger brakes. I have fixed the speedometer going crazy issue (the needle bobbled), and I have fixed the front window vent. Replaced bib lights, tail lights, hood ornament, and a few other goodies with OEM.

Here is a link to even more detailed information:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/246134-1963-fj45l-found-restoration-info-thread.html

The bad:
I am going to list EVERYTHING that is under par. If it's not listed you can assume it's working and/or in good shape. Not much is bad on this two owner rig, any exterior rubber (window gaskets, turn signal gaskets, etc..) I was in the process of mounting a license plate holder on the tail-gate, front tires are great, rear's are 'ok'. The paint is mostly original, needs to be repainted. The top has a few dings in it, but are easily fixable. Headliner sags a tad, but is original. Missing interior rear view mirror - but they are available. There are still some exterior holes where the previous owner mounted things onto the bed. These are 1/4" holes and are easily repairable. Exhaust is a 5/10 it does not leak, nor is it rotten, but ends just past the rear axle and I personally would replace it. E-brake has a oil leak. 1 week yields a fifty cent piece sized oil mark on the floor. And last - the spare tire is purely for looks. It weezes air out as fast as it goes in.

The good:
Everything else :). There is no rot. COMPLETELY numbers matching. Frame, motor, everything matches the vin plate on the fire wall. Engine was just rebuilt at 65,000 miles. I have 70,300 miles on it now - yes original mileage, and I just adjusted the valves last week. It starts immediately, idles perfectly and the entire truck is mechanically sound. All OEM parts, oil filter, fuel filter, everything operates perfectly. I have modified the oil bath air filter to accomodate a dry-type. I also just purchased new decals for the F-135 valve cover (which is painted orange - should be black). Upgraded to power booster with NO cutting.
Three speed shifts amazingly easy and smooth. The shifter is in great shape with a new knob. Turn signals all work and blink, all vacuum F.D works in seconds, green light pops on quickly. Hi/Lo lever works smoothly as well, no grinding or hard pulling needed, just easily pulls back. Literally everything else, interior, floor, glass, everything is in "good" shape.

The history on the rig can be found in the above link. Feel tree to email or give me a call if serious.

In the pictures below the rear frame is now black, and the spare tire has a correct matching hubcap on it.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/268248-bored-decided-mess-around-camera.html

Email: dallasmaddox @ gmail.com
Phone: (serious inquiries) 719-640-4736

Thanks much! I wanted to offer it here before flea-bay. Very clean, ALL ORIGINAL STEEL, unmolested, and great running!

Dallas

IMG_6931.jpg

This couldn't come at a worse time (financially speaking) for me. Can you wait a year? I'm not kidding.

This couldn't come at a worse time (financially speaking) for me. Can you wait a year? I'm not kidding.

Seriously. Bump for what appears to be an insane deal.

Top 5 of the coolest finds I've seen on this board in yrs. and I cant name the other 4. Beautiful. Cmon Powerball.

I believe I have drooled over this truck once or twice (I'm in Pocatello), but was never able to find an owner. I can tell you that if I had the money, it wouldn't travel far, but alas, I have no bananas. PM me if you ever need a local cruiser head (don't know much, but I like to BS anyway) I really wish I had the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom