1996 LX450 FJ80 Factory diff lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1996 LX450/FJ80 locked and lifted

SOLD SOLD SOLD (3-12-09)
1996 Lexus LX450
168,000 miles
$9,500
Located in Albuquerque, NM

I am putting my 96 Lexus LX450 up for sale. (I have just purchased a LX470.) It has 168,000 miles, OME 2.5" lift, Slee tube sliders, factory lockers, 305/70 r16 BFG AT's. This is my everyday driver so I have maintained it as such. Always maintained at the Lexus dealership in Albuquerque, such a great dealership! Black with tan leather 3rd row seats (not in the pics). Normal wear on the front leather seats but it does not bother me. Everything works/runs/looks great, a few rockchips (to be expected) but the paint is shinny and no dents or dings. This has always been a great reliable truck. But I am sure everyone on this site knows that.
I have never taken it "off-roading" other than some bumpy gravel/dirt roads. I mainly did the mods so it did not look like a "Mall Cruiser". Never smoked in. No leaks. No rust.

More Stuff:
4.5L I6
Power windows, seats, moonroof, locks
cruise control
Rear sliding windows (cool, great for the dog)
Lexus sound system
A/C (new compresser/condenser in the last 5000 miles)
Tow package
Old Man Emu medium 2.5" lift
Slee tube sliders
BFG AT's 305/70 r16 (good tread remaining, only 11K miles on them)
Greddy temp gauge (more exact measurements)
3rd row seats
6 disc cd changer

Email me: SappLX450@yahoo.com

Last edited:
some pics
LexusLX470forsalepics 001.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 002.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 003.jpg

Last edited:
more pics
LexusLX470forsalepics 028.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 030.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 032.jpg

more pics
LexusLX470forsalepics 023.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 020.jpg

more pics 3
LexusLX470forsalepics 009.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 017.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 012.jpg

Awesome looking cruiser! I'm curious about the temp gauge. Have you ever had any overheating problems? If this is still available once I get my truck sold, I am definitely interested. Anyone out that way headed to Atlanta any time soon?

Im local, Im interested. Give a Phone # and ill call.

Hey, this is local guy. trade? unimog rockcrawler. 4 dr. chevy 4.3 v-6 stacked trani. more......???

Awesome looking cruiser! I'm curious about the temp gauge. Have you ever had any overheating problems? If this is still available once I get my truck sold, I am definitely interested. Anyone out that way headed to Atlanta any time soon?
Mstocks,
I am the third owner. The first 130,000+ miles it was a Mom mobile. Then the second owner placed the engine temp guage in because he heard that could be a problem area? I have never had any issues. The radiator was flushed and replaced fluids with the correct Lexus fluids as regular upkeep. The second owner was a local guy (Larry) with a club called "High Desert Cruisers" he never did ant thing with the truck because he said it was too nice and wanted a FJ60 instead. So I think he owned it for les than a month.
-Billy

Hey, this is local guy. trade? unimog rockcrawler. 4 dr. chevy 4.3 v-6 stacked trani. more......???
Wow a Unimog! Interesting but I have already replaced it with a LX470. Thanks though.

Adding a few more pics.
LexusLX470forsalepics 021.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 005.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 011.jpg

Last set of pics.
LexusLX470forsalepics 024.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 031.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 033.jpg

More pics per request

Close ups of the front seats and the viv #
LexusLX470forsalepics 035.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 036.jpg
LexusLX470forsalepics 034.jpg

My wife is interested. maybe a partial trade for a 2001 Toyota ECHO? gets 35+ mpg!!! well, we had our first kid and the car seat doesn't fit very good!! the passenger seat has to be way up there for I cannot sit there as I am 6'3". she doesn't know she wants what you have yet, but she will:D

i can vouch for the echo it drives much nicer than i ever would have expected, and actually has enough power to not only get on the freeway but to even pass people!

My wife is interested. maybe a partial trade for a 2001 Toyota ECHO? gets 35+ mpg!!! well, we had our first kid and the car seat doesn't fit very good!! the passenger seat has to be way up there for I cannot sit there as I am 6'3". she doesn't know she wants what you have yet, but she will:D
An Echo? I know I should more concerned about gas mileage but 14-15 mpg is only twice as bad as the Echo.:rolleyes: But I think I will hold out for a full offer on my truck.
The lx450 would be a great family hauler, put in the 3rd row seats and you have a great short bus.

Last set of pics.

Sappter,

You need to reposition your steering stabilizer. Water or dirt can collects on the bottom part of the larger tube which can cause corrosion or premature malfunction of the stabilizer:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom