80 FJ40, refurbished... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My summer project's for sale, oil price is down and I need something to keep me busy. This vehicle runs and drives very nice, has around 77k, 4 speed, Bill Dorry power steering, everything replaced inside and out, correct colors, styles, and patterns. Had some rust, cut/weld new pieces, with accompanying body work as necessary. Previous owner removed smog, but she runs great and has the original carb. Interior of tub was lined, I did not replace the rear floor and inner fenders, but rather replaced the rusty areas in the interest of keeping the retail cost down. Rear sill was replaced entirely with Iron pig piece $$$. Frame was sandblasted, painted, and then coated. Reliable daily driver, pics ON REQUEST. I'll leave it here for a couple of weeks at 14000 then off to ebay. Might consider trade for 76 or newer FJ40 needing resto if nearby (Tx). I'll have interior pics after the new door panels and rear seat straps arrive in the next few days. This truck has over 7000.00 in new parts...pretty nice.
NOS 044.jpg
NOS 045.jpg
NOS 046.jpg

Also new tires (31x10.50-15), new shocks, new brakes, new calipers, new exhaust, correct late model wheels aftermarket grillguard/front bumper combo, new taillights, turn signals, markers, insignia, reflectors, and on and on...Current tags, inspection sticker, and clear title.
NOS 047.jpg

Nearly every bolt on the vehicle was replaced. Rear door bolts and the like were left unpainted (hardware is plated) for hardtop removal without scratching. New body mount kit was installed. Has ConFerr front and rear shackles. New front fenders and correct style and color upholstery.

Last edited:
Going out this afternoon, thanks. I guess it goes without saying (or maybe not) new paint inside and out, new headliner, everything works, AM FM CD, etc.

A few interior shots, sorry for the washed out by the sun quality! All new seatbelts as well
NOS 061.jpg
NOS 062.jpg
NOS 065.jpg

More inside..
NOS 064.jpg
NOS 063.jpg
NOS 067.jpg

top please

to the top

Top again!

Moved to ebay, but still for sale...someone's gonna own this truck!

Price drop...12500, a fantastic deal!

top please

BJ42

If you are looking for a project I have one for you, maybe a trade of some sort. Have a 1983 BJ42 LHD with 5 speed and 24 volt winch, air conditioning from a 1979 to be installed, lots of rust but have a 95% rust free tub from a 1979. Let me know if you are interested, have lots of pictures.

I'd certainly consider trades, but it'd have to be pretty close by unless you wanted to get yours to me. I'm self employed, and time off is at a premium. I'd prefer a running, driving later model 40 in need of some rust repair okay, but not interested in alot of mechanical, or something that's not complete. Cashing out is probably best for me, but anything's possible. I'm selling this truck way under market IMO, so trade allowance won't be very generous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom