what a long weekend! june2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
geographical area known as canada, near ontario
P6200174.jpg

so i leave for the farm on friday june 19th, the truck is ruuning a little hot on the way out the city due to heavy traffic but cools down when i get going. i got pick up my buddy whoes working somewhere 1/2 already there. we get there, have a few drinks and got to bed not late so we can fix his 4runner and go offroading.

sat: the alternator we brought up has different conncetions, so his truck is no go, my buddys sister and girlfriend come up sat morning and we all decided to go "exploring". now i got a map and kinda know where im going and were looking to find a way into a trail we know, but so that we can come out usually where we go in :p i tell the girls that were are going on a mild drive through the forest...muhaha

P6190103.jpg

yeehaw
P6190104.jpg

so we see a fox early on the highway and the girls are all happy to see wildlife. we get off the huighway and head for the trail, we find what we think we are looking for. i tell my buddy that hes navigator since im driving and that if we get lost its his fault, and state that if he declares we are lost i take over navigation(i got gps and topo maps ;) )

P6190105.jpg

he wasnt shy
P6190109.jpg

and he runs closer to us:
P6190113.jpg

so we are cruising and about 10min on the trail we come up on a moose! and damn its close, like 20feet, i go in neutral and we watch, make a vid, then the truck rolls foward...and the moose doesnt move, now he is 5 feet from my window. WOW|! we make another video :) so we decide to roll on and leave him to his business.

P6190121.jpg

this one is better:

continue down the trail and my navigator advises me to make turns and the trail forks a few times, and i remind him about getting lost... the trail isnt not too challanging; it has few shallow water/mud hole and some nice steep climbs over decent terrain, a couple holes you could hear the girls get nervous/excited...

P6190141.jpg

P6190145.jpg

P6190149.jpg

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/sdcamyotte/june2009 farm/

Last edited:
anyways as we driving i notice a few set of fresh tire marks, either 2 trucks or 1 thta has already turned around. few minutes later we catch up to them and hes on top of a hill with his buddy spoting him, so i jump out the truck and go see what they are about to get it too, i get up the hill and theres a little rock 6inch high and hes driving really cautious... so i wait 5mins to give him head room. we ccatch up quick and follow him down the trail, hes driving slow so not in a hurry we follow, then we come up to a med looking hole, but theres already ripped caution tape hanging on the tree, and a sign that says ' go left, very deep hole' for i follow the pathfinder on the bypass and hes going real slow, my buddy says to me we can make it around, so i go in reverses and start going in the hole...it get deep...halfway i can hardly move, the start turning the wheels...gogogo, its going....almost...nope. buddy in the pathfinder is paralell on the bypass amd i am looking up at his truck by now. hook up the winch , tell my buddys girlfriend shes driving out... the pathfinder is making a video. winch 1foot under water, cable hooked up, and start pulling, at the right time the the driver to give throttle. and him out, then the pathifnder finishes the bypass. we all chat, hes got a 2006 pathfinder on those trails, first time offroader, hes hooked.

so close...
P6190156.jpg

P6190154.jpg

P6190157.jpg

git in da front
P6190160.jpg

im telling you i have a winch....
P6190161.jpg

what a great navigator/spotter
P6190155.jpg

P6190158.jpg

git'er out
P6190163.jpg

P6190164.jpg

P6190165.jpg

pathfinder and the by pass
P6190168.jpg

P6190170.jpg

we drive out the trail and wait at the head exactly where i wanted to come out, congrats to the navigator. we wait to make sure the pathfinder makes it out. and head down the road...damn im running out again. we get back to the farm and im borderline redline. ****. we see a fair size bear on the farm road!|!

sunday i hose the rad down to clean it with half the well... and hit the road around 530pm for the city. 15mins down the road im overheating redline, pull over, radiator is boiling over, ****. we get water from a kind neighbor and head to the nearest town. by the time i get there im so hot again we pull over by the river/grocery store and there just happens to be a pile of ice of the floors so i put so on the rad. i call in for backup, my bro and buddy show up and say theres nothiong we can do and drive back cuz its gonna be cheaper to miss a day of work then a 175km tow. i let the engine cool down and go fishing. talk fish to some local, i catch a waleye and little basses.

P6200178.jpg

nice leash pupps
P6200179.jpg

10pm i leave. i get 20km down the road, really hot pull over, wait 1hour, and do this ALL friken night till i reach newmarket, just outside toronto, pull in toyota dealer**** and ask for part |#s for waterpump so i can order for when i get back. the guys is all cool and is looking it up then some douche starts going off about how i not allowed to get part numbers!! and that those numbers are like his mechanics tool, and hes doesnt lend them out, and ask would i lend my tools if a stranger asks, so i tell him i got $10000 of toyota part receipts in my truck, which i do, and that knowledge is free, and that |IN FACT i do work at a garage and i would be glad to share my knowledge of anything and that i have lent tools to people who need it to tighen something or whatever... what a prick, doesnt let the parts guy give me the numbers, i tell him i just drove 12hiours and overheating, to which he tell me that he doesnt have to tell me anything and that my local toy dealer will have the part number when i get there.

D|AMN, at least i saw a million fire flys the night before along with dozens of shooting start while lying in the road waiting for the motor to cool

cant see them its too bad

my phone is dead since the nite before, i get to a pay phone and call for help: my buddy says he'll come get me, and work on something for getting the truck back. i getting to a buddys place 25km away 3 hours later and wait till they get there. no sleep the nite before i am exhausted. they get there woot!, not, we are going to look at a motor and truck 2hrs back up north, then we go swap my budyys van for my others buddys truck and get his gate keys cuz hes got our trailer. the trailer is where my truck is at. oh wait now we drive 2hrs west to go buy a truck...a 93 quad cab custom shortbox with dana 60s and yes! a 6cyl cummins motor. we decide to drive straight back to town(3.5hrs) and get my truck tomorow...damn get back at 2am, we sleep at the shop

still following??

next day(tuesday by now) 630am, jump back on the highway and go to a heavy equipment auction to go bid on some trucks...we get nothing, although i slept in the truck for an hour and ate a poutine (i am quebecois). we get to my truck 20mins away. unload the huge pile of wood of the trailer and load my baby up, first time she need a tow :(

P6220181.jpg

my buddy ordered the water pump and its already in when i get back. less then 24hrs! i install in, get a little more dirt of the rad. and peice back together, burb the coolant and idle it at 3k for 5mins, then a test drive, seems ok, go back to the shop say goodby to everyone, drive 10kms and im running super hot already. i turn around and pass out in the lounge, yup a shop lounge

P6220184.jpg

next day i tear everything down again, run water in the rad and motor to check for clogs, nothing, then i wash the rad out somemore and got a **** load of dirty out of it. i decide to atempt going home again. and she runs in accpetable range, sweet. still a litle hot but at least i can roll for long time. i sleep in a bed this nite...

after 50 km down the highway, almost running cool again
P6240190.jpg

thursday, no work :( so i go back to the shop, install a rad cap and poke around at my new developed problems: stalling on long runs when stopping and charge light on with the alternator not properly charging my batteries. i can figure out anything, i go back hpme to rite this story cuz im already bored. im going back up north this weekend...

damn that was long, thanks for rading but i just wanted to vent i tout cuz i was a wild last 5days with a types of adventure, patience and nature and mostly to show off my fuzzy pics...

album @ http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/sdcamyotte/june2009 farm/

Last edited:
Looks like fun. That trail looks familiar. is it up Bobcaygen way?
Dave

yea its around there. we entered on crystal lake road, and came out on bass lake road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom