M101-A1 Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a 1965 M101-A1 trailer from GL for a total cost of $257.00. I had to travel to Utah which is approximately 500 miles away.....but I feel it was worth it. The trailer came with two tarps and the bows.
M101A1 Trailer #2.jpg

Are there anymore for sale? I picked one up in Uath a few years ago. It now needs some repairs it might be cheaper to just get another.

John

There was approximately five more waiting for auction. They haven't been posted yet, but keep your eye on Hill Air Force Base in Utah. They were in extremely good shape; even with the minimum bid increasing to $150.00, they're still worth the money.

Nice Score! I paid about $100 more out here. Bows, but no tarp, let me know if you want to part with your extra. ;) All the trailers out here in PA with tarps had obvious rust issues or went for way over what I wanted to pay. I went with for this one because it was pretty clean. Brand new 235/85-16 Coopers on it too. :)
7523883.jpg
7523887.jpg

I'll send you some pictures of the tarp and let's see what kind of deal we can make. The tarp is also green, so it will match your trailer. It does need some repair on the rear section of the tarp. I'll try to get a good picture of the damage so you can see what repairs need to be completed.

There was approximately five more waiting for auction. They haven't been posted yet, but keep your eye on Hill Air Force Base in Utah. They were in extremely good shape; even with the minimum bid increasing to $150.00, they're still worth the money.

Do you have a link to their auction web site?

I bought mind off ebay from a private owner who never got the title for his when he bought it ten years before. He had all the paper work but just never followed thru. I ended up geting a bonded title:frown:. My M416 was already titled which made it simple.:bounce:

Thanks, John

US M101 and M101A1 trailers in good condition with racks and bows go for $800 to $1200 here. You got a smokin' deal.

Rotated the lunette down on the 101 and finally put the pintle on the 25. Just right. :D
m101.jpg

You haul that M101-A1 with a 25? Geez, that must be slow. I have one and pull it with my 60's and it is heavy, especially when you throw a yard of sand or gravel in there.

Rotated the lunette down on the 101 and finally put the pintle on the 25.
Just right. :D

Where can one get tarps for these trailers? Mine is toast!

For a new cover: GMA

The one in my picture is nothing but a 12'x14' canvas tarp with the ends folded in like a birthday present.

Hey Jim,,
How wide is the frame on your trailer? also how long,, I'm looking at one that has a rusted out bed and thinking of ditching it and building something else for the top.. The seller cant seem to understand what I asked him to measure.
Thanks,
Steve

Steve-
The outside of my frame is 45 1/2" wide x 96" long.

Here's the manual for the A2, it shows a good diagram around page 23: TM 9-2330-202-14

I just won the auction for one and I am super excited to go pick it up. Here are some pics of the trailer I won. Best part is that $280.00 was the winning bid :)

27046186.jpg

27046206.jpg

27046177.jpg

27046202.jpg

( it already has Jerry can mounts up front)

27046223.jpg

( Tires are brand new)

They are heavy. But you could put it on a diet if you were not going to haul a lot of weight with it. A new axle with lighter springs and new wheels and tires.

Cruzzer, unless it is going real cheap, why not get one from a local military base?

How heavy are those trailers? Could you use them like an "Adventure" type trailer or are they too big and heavy for trail use? I like that they have a tailgate.

1300 lbs dry!

I wouldn't consider it for any trail duty although it is a very nice trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom