Zoom discussion for help planning an FJ40 build? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CCA

Threads
I've been reading through the forums here and there is a ton of really great information. Thank you all for your contributions.

I have a pretty good idea what I'd like to accomplish, or at least an end result, in an FJ40 build up with my kids. I've done several partial restorations of various vehicles in the past ranging from mercury cougars, to studebakers, to square body chevy trucks. I build custom weapons for a living in my own shop, so I've got a pretty fair handle on fabrication, and I'm also willing to draw the line and sub some work out if it's above my pay grade.

What I was hoping for was some local enthusiasts to meet up with and visit in order to soak up knowledge and context. But, Iowa isn't ripe with FJ40 junkies. In fact, Iowa isn't a really Toyota-rich state at all... I was the only guy with a crewmax tundra in my county for a few years and that's not a joke. I haven't abandoned the idea of linking up with locals of course, but...

Is there any possibility that some of the sage experts here would have an interest in hopping on a zoom call and sharing perspective? I've got a bunch of questions and considerations prepared. I would gladly set up the zoom and host it. I could hold 100 folks with video in my zoom plan with no problem.

Yes, this is selfish on my part. But frankly, if this community isn't doing something like this, we might consider it. It might be fun if something like this works, to have a monthly zoom people could hop on and share. When I was a pup, I remember my dad jumping on the ham radio on Sunday nights to do the local 'check-in' with his amateur radio buddies. He enjoyed the heck out of that.

Is this allowed here? Would there be any folks that have been there and done that interested? I could even record it, host it on a youtube channel, and offer the link so others would get the residual benefit from watching if they wanted.

Just an idea I wanted to ask of the forum. Thoughts?

-Michael

Great idea that I have considered as well.

With the sharing capabilities of zoom or Webex, some solid info could be shared, saved, etc...

Sorta like a mini podcast.

Count me in!

Seems like a good idea. Good luck. Only thing I would suggest is to keep it to a handful of people so that everyone's time is valued and everyone gets to be heard and ideas discussed. Too many people could end up with not enough time to be heard or get their points across, very long meeting, among other things. I know a little bit just enough to be dangerous but I'd join.

Record it and post it somewhere. I’m not expert, but I’m learning. I have a basic understanding of most components and stuff, but I would definitely love to hear all the input everyone gives!

I'd be happy to give some input.

It's an interesting idea, I would be in if it works out with my schedule.

While I am not one of the “experts” I have fixed up one and now preparing for a body off frame on number 2, a ‘3/76. Would love to be involved. Tom

OK, then. Better feedback than I expected.

I own my business, so I have some flexibility. I try very hard to minimize the time I spend away from family on Sundays, but if we can't make anything else work, I'll figure out a way.

I'd prefer an evening during the week if possible. I'm in Iowa, so Central Time, @8? Maybe? Better or worse times for you guys? Different suggestion? Any chance on making at Thursday at 8pm Central work? Bible school is done for summer, so I could do Tues and Wed too for that matter.

Next would be the distribution of the zoom link info. I think the safest thing to do there is just creating it and anyone interested can message me here and I'll reply back with it.

As for wearing pants? I don't plan on it, but you'll only be seeing me from the torso and up, so that should work fine.

I'm prepared to offer up my hopes and dreams and you guys can shatter them for me in a palatable fashion I'm sure... ;)

Thoughts?

Also, I can capture and load it up to YouTube. When done, where is the best place to post it?

Thanks,

Michael

I would go ahead and schedule the ZOOM a couple weeks out and post the link here, and in a new thread. Then, be sure to keep them updated so people can be reminded.

I suggest an outline to follow, perhaps one or two topics, then open discussion / QnA. Maybe even ask one or two people if they would like to be interviewed / or act as a SME to answer questions etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom