Zodiac vs. Achilles vs. ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm on the FD (USAR) purchasing committee for a swiftwater rescue boat for our region.

Unfortunately inflatables are not widely used in Missouri. The most common use is generic/cheap brands that used float trip boats on the local rivers.

That said, I don't consider anyone here (in Mo) any kind of expert. Mainly because we simply don't use them. FEMA has sent money our way because of the flooding issues that we encounter on a regular basis. We have 15K budgeted.

Why is there such a price difference between Zodiac and the competition? Is there that much of a difference. or is it a name thing?

We are also considering a ProJet Rescue motor, but it's my understanding they need to be sent to FL for repairs repairs.

I'm sure someone here, probably from one of the coasts or great lakes can offer some input.

Thanks.

When you buy the Zod you are paying for the name. Zodiac also usually has a better warrranty then some of their compeditors.

I am no expert but if you go to Zodiac web site you can contact one of their sales reps or dealers and you can do the same for the other company.

is this thread dead i can ask my brothers wife what she thinks about the two boats,
she worked for zodiac hurricane for 15 years .Military Boats and RIBs | Zodiac Military and Professional Boats
i would buy zodiac over achillies
another good option is
check out these boats .very knowledgeable people they have been in the industry for years some of the guys that work here where the first guys to build the hurricanes. before zodiac boughtt them out .
now called zodiac hurricane. these guys build great boats . and you wont have to pay for the Zodiac name ,link here to some of the guys who built some of the first rigid hull inflatables
on the west coast
Canada Inflatable Boats Canada Rigid Inflatable Boat Canada Aluminum Inflatable Boat

buy a good one and it will last forever i have a german made inflatable my father bought in 1980 ,from the founder of the rigid hull inflatable and it is still floating today .30 years old .not a rescue boat tho
iflatable 1.jpg
inflatable 2.jpg

I have the same boat bought from the same guy (Crosier Lucas ) mine has a 75 on it.

Cool any pics of yours,

we turned ours into a R.I.B. our boat is dead the transom rotted off of it . the way we built it made it hard to repair . so the boat is sitting for the time being ,i have a friend who is actually best friends with a guy that built the first boats will the Lucas . he said he will fix it up out here on the coast .but i left the boat on the farm in SASK . :doh:
he said to keep the old zephrs the tube material is twice as heavy than todays military standard. one of the best made boats of its time. he said fix the transom and it should last another 30years . :grinpimp:

here are some old videos i just posted up on you tube of me and my kid skiing and knee boarding. kid beach starting
jump starting behing a inflatable boat and a 60 HP outboard.who said you can't ski behind a 60 HP:grinpimp:
the audio is a little off and the old motor is a bit tired

I have the same boat bought from the same guy (Crosier Lucas ) mine has a 75 on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom