Zero point calibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help as I’m having issuing doing a zero point calibration on my 04 LX. I have tired use the paper clip method and nothing, tired tech stream and it says it’s complete but I still have VGRS light blinking along with the VS lights blinking. Kinda of out of ideas here

Current DTC. I feel like something is wrong here...

562A8EF2-3422-4AA2-BEF4-EFF293514C29.jpeg

D02B4CF2-658F-447A-8B4B-443654542A43.jpeg

Got it fixed! The reset option wasn’t working in tech stream so I did the test option. The VSC lights went off but the VGRS light was still blinking. Took it for a spin around the block and the VGRS light went off and after 3 restarts no lights 😂

The reset option just resets it. The test option recalibrates it.

So it seems I need to break out the old windows Dell laptop and get me some TechStream.

VGRS of 03-07 LX light flashes, if battery disconnected. Simply drive in a straight line, until light goes off. Than make right and left turns.

The reset option just resets it. The test option recalibrates it.

Thanks for this, I was able to get TechStream working on an older Dell I had before going Apple ecosystem and it works just fine, I have used it to turn off a beeping seat belt reminder on a DCSB Tacoma, lol… AND do a Zero Pt calibration on the 2000 LC, whats funny is the two times it wouldn’t connect all I had to do was unplug and plug back in the USB cable.

I’m really hoping this takes care of a couple left hand off camber turns that make it beep and quickly activate the ABS on me.

I found it best, to not plug the USB cable into PC, until Tech Stream up and running. Otherwise it almost always cannot connect.

Did this yesterday on my 06 to center the steering wheel using the Techstream VGRS utility, then did the zero point calibration using the VSC utility. Two steps, one to reset the memory, the 2nd to do the signal check following the attached TSB.

I used my Windows 10 Surface, Techstream 14, and v1.4 cable...

Attachments

• Zero Point Calibration unsecure print.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 76
I'm unable to use the VGRS utility for "Steering angle adjust" option since I have DTC code. It is unable to. So I went to VSC utility and tried to reset and signal check. All turns out ok. Took a 5 mins drive yet no luck. Let me try again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom