Builds Zeke, the 1975 Wanderer and DD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hadn't planned on taking Zeke to GSMTR 32, but my 40s e brake stuck on in the driveway and rather than sort that, I just threw my camping stuff into Zeke and off we went.

I still needed to have my 40 up on running for something on Saturday, so I only did the first day at GSMTR. But what a glorious day it was.

It's only the second time I've seriously taken Zeke off road and the verdict is in.

Zeke is very, very good off road. I've yet to spin a tire or even feel like the rig has been challenged. It was the only Iron Pig there and everyone commented on how good it looks and how good it was on trail.

IMG_20230615_095410323.jpg

IMG_20230615_112223992.jpg

IMG_20230615_122057595.jpg

IMG_20230615_130000185.jpg

IMG_20230616_065848603.jpg

Had lots of interesting reactions from both people who know 55a and those that don't.

Definitely the best looking 55 there this weekend :rofl:

Good meeting you. I'm the guy with the 97 collector's with cloth seats.

It was nice to meet you and check out your 55. If you ever want to really fix that front crossmember and steering, you know where to send it :)

Welp, it's been a while coming, but I'd like to announce a change in caretaker status for Zeke. @Old Nick wanna chime in here?
Absolutely.

Backstory.

My wife and I had the chance to meet @120mm at GSMTR back in June. He had the only Pig in attendance, and my wife and I were immediately taken with it - and 120mm, who is a very good guy. Over the course of the morning ride, I was blown away at how easily his rig handled everything. We got to talking over lunch break when he told me that he was likely going to sell it. Made my interest known straight away... lol. So, we've been messaging back and forth and come up with a great plan for new guardianship. My wife and I are heading down to the SSS in October and we'll drive Zeke back home to Northern KY.

120mm is probably getting tired of me noting how excited I am... lol.

As far as plans go, when I get Zeke back home, I'll drive him for a month or so, then it's garage time for the winter/salt fest. In the Spring, I'll start putting together a list of things to do.

I could go on longer, but I won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom