YWST: Front Wheel Bearing Overhaul Kits for the 100 Series (LX470) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I bought two of these thinking it would be trivial to find a shop to rebuild my wheel bearings with it. Everyone I’ve called has said it can’t be done. Is this strictly a DIY job? If I’m not mechanically inclined should I return these and just get new wheel bearings?

I will email you today for a complete hub assembly! According to my mechanic (toyota technician), things may have not been assembled/torqued properly during a brake job with the previous owner!

Well I bought two of these thinking it would be trivial to find a shop to rebuild my wheel bearings with it. Everyone I’ve called has said it can’t be done. Is this strictly a DIY job? If I’m not mechanically inclined should I return these and just get new wheel bearings?

They are absolutely straightforward and many do perform the job in their home garage or carport with regular tools and the specialty tools we offer (scale and hub socket). Were you able to get this taken care of?

Looking to get a couple rebuild kits for the LX but these are out of stock. Any guestimate as to when they may be back? Thanks!!

Looking to get a couple rebuild kits for the LX but these are out of stock. Any guestimate as to when they may be back? Thanks!!

I am also wondering when they'll be back in stock?

I need a couple kits also. Any news on when they’ll be in stock?

I just added another 10 to the website inventory. We have the parts to build 100+ but we are short on time to get them all pulled and assembled so we've been adding smaller batches. Order when ready, these won't last long :D

I just added another 10 to the website inventory. We have the parts to build 100+ but we are short on time to get them all pulled and assembled so we've been adding smaller batches. Order when ready, these won't last long :D
Any chance of another batch soon? Got all set to replace rotors and pads and realized that it is painfully obvious the bearings should be done at the same time :oops:.

Might reach out directly since I think we are primed to round up timing belt parts and just take care of all the big stuff over the next month or so...

Any chance of another batch soon? Got all set to replace rotors and pads and realized that it is painfully obvious the bearings should be done at the same time :oops:.

Might reach out directly since I think we are primed to round up timing belt parts and just take care of all the big stuff over the next month or so...

Yep ready to purchase when back in stock

Sorry for the delay guys!

Hopefully you saw these are back in stock and shipping on the CruiserTeq site:
Koyo: Timken:
Couple notes:
You can always call and order, existing orders will ship before new stock is added to CruiserTeq, there may still be a wait but it's generally much quicker as orders get prioritized.
You can add out of stock items to you 'wish list' and you'll get contacted the minute we add them to stock on the CruiserTeq site.
Lastly, we are working as hard as we can to keep inventory in stock. It's been OK overall just longer lead times on shipping so we are bumping order numbers and ordering more often. It's working but we still find gaps from time to time.

Thanks for thinking of us for your parts needs!

I ordered the Koyo kit from cruiser outfitters and completed this job over the weekend. The kit made it very easy. I recommend ordering the snap ring kit at the same time as I think the new gasket made my old snap ring a very tight fit.

I ordered the Koyo kit from cruiser outfitters and completed this job over the weekend. The kit made it very easy. I recommend ordering the snap ring kit at the same time as I think the new gasket made my old snap ring a very tight fit.

:cool:

Is this what you got? Any other tools needed to set the bearing? I have the 54mm socket and will purchase the scale (need to learn how to use that). Did you change the flange as well?

1648133266406.png

Is this what you got? Any other tools needed to set the bearing? I have the 54mm socket and will purchase the scale (need to learn how to use that). Did you change the flange as well?

View attachment 2961430
Yes - that is what I got. I did not change the flange, but its probably not a bad idea. In terms of tools, you will need a brass drift to hit the cone washers with and to knock out the old bearing races. You will probably want some PB Blaster and a plumber's torch to heat up the cone washers - mine needed some encouragement to break free. Also a torque wrench.

Yes - that is what I got. I did not change the flange, but its probably not a bad idea. In terms of tools, you will need a brass drift to hit the cone washers with and to knock out the old bearing races. You will probably want some PB Blaster and a plumber's torch to heat up the cone washers - mine needed some encouragement to break free. Also a torque wrench.
Also to set the bearing I used the old races and the brass drift. I cut a tiny gap (to make them "C" shaped instead of "O" shaped if that makes sense) with a grinding wheel first to make them easier to get out once the new ones were set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom