YWST: Front Wheel Bearing Overhaul Kits for the 100 Series (LX470) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@cruiseroutfit do you sell the spindle bearings too? Is it recommended to replace them too when replacing the spindle bearings?

@cruiseroutfit do you sell the spindle bearings too? Is it recommended to replace them too when replacing the spindle bearings?

You bet, we stock all of the components for the 100 front end. The spindle bearings are replaced just 5-10% of the time that wheel bearings are done, the just don't see the same level of attention and wear that the wheel bearings see. My general rule is that if you can see visible wear on the spindle bushing face (which can be inspected on the vehicle with the CV slid back a bit) then it's time to do at least the bushing and you might consider just doing them both. We stock the gaskets, hub seal and outer CV hub dust seal too.

Capture2.JPG

Cruiser Outfitters

You've asked and we've responded... KOYO BEARING options for our popular 100 Series Wheel Bearing Kits! :cool:

While Timken was the OE bearing offering here in the US, the Koyo bearing was used in some overseas markets. We've had many inquire about the Koyo variant in an attempt to keep their parts supplies 100% Japanese. Well, we can now supply just that too!

TIMKEN

Part# FAWB9807T - $87.50
Timken
USA Bearings (OEM Toyota Supplier)
(Fits 98'-07' UZJ100 & LX470, also includes thrust washer)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KOYO

Part# FAWB9807K - $97.50
Koyo
Japanese Bearings (OEM Toyota Supplier)
(Fits98'-07' UZJ100 & LX470, also includes thrust washer)

From our site :D

"FAQ: Timken versus Koyo wheel bearings? Which is better? Both are a fantastic bearing and due to customer demand for both options we stock them both. Timken bearings are made in the USA, Koyo bearings are made in Japan. Both are used OEM by Toyota in older Land Cruisers and various new models as well. We are 100% confident in either option for new and old Land Cruisers alike."

Sorry Kurt, I hadn't even popped over to your site to look for more detail since this post seemed pretty comprehensive. My bad!

Not a worry, As we offer both bearing options for just about every one of our different axle kits, we get the question a lot so we're pretty prepared for it :D

Let us know if we can help you with some bearing kits, we have both options available for shipping as soon as tomorrow!

Last edited:
Do you have a link to this kit? I do not see it on your website.
If I am looking at the parts diagram the only items missing from this kit are the cone washers and dust cap?
Is there a special tool for the snap rings? Something like snap ring pliers?

Attachments

• Front Hub Assembly.pdf
    37.9 KB · Views: 304
Do you have a link to this kit? I do not see it on your website.
If I am looking at the parts diagram the only items missing from this kit are the cone washers and dust cap?
Is there a special tool for the snap rings? Something like snap ring pliers?

Wheel bearing kits are here: Cruiser Outfitters

1569867171848.png

We do recommend snap ring pliers, we stock those too. Part# FASNAP. If you decide you need new/replacement cone washers and the dust cap. We have all those too...

1569867229226.png

Let us know. Thanks! 801-563-1277

That was too fast of shipping.... now the wife expects me to actually do the work... 😂

Perhaps we need to offer a "let's pretend it's backordered so I can go camping this weekend" shipping option :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom