YWST: AISIN Hubs & Hub Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok...I’ve got what I bet is a stupid question and hope you can help me out.

Was given a set of Aisin hubs in the typical short body style. Have zero clue what they were off of. I rebuilt them and went to install them on what i believe is a ‘77 40 series axle with 60 series knuckle/disc/birfs...which were rebuilt by me (thanks for the parts!). Dang hubs won’t fit over the end of the birf. Birf end is larger diameter then the inside diameter of the Aisin hub gear.

Do I have IFS hubs? Can I swap out the guts of the hubs and use the bodies I have? If yes, do you guys sell the parts?

Appreciate the help/education!

Edit - I need this right? HUB301507-1-KIT

Ok...I’ve got what I bet is a stupid question and hope you can help me out.

Was given a set of Aisin hubs in the typical short body style. Have zero clue what they were off of. I rebuilt them and went to install them on what i believe is a ‘77 40 series axle with 60 series knuckle/disc/birfs...which were rebuilt by me (thanks for the parts!). Dang hubs won’t fit over the end of the birf. Birf end is larger diameter then the inside diameter of the Aisin hub gear.

Do I have IFS hubs? Can I swap out the guts of the hubs and use the bodies I have? If yes, do you guys sell the parts?

Appreciate the help/education!

Edit - I need this right? HUB301507-1-KIT

You do likely have IFS hubs but to be safe I would count the spines. There are Tacoma hubs, Suzuki hubs, etc that cant easily be converted to the 30 spline Toyota. If they are IFS, the conversion gear would be perfect!

This is our newest AISIN hub offering. A true bolt-on AISIN hub preloaded with 4340 chromoly gears for the IFS 100/470 :cool:

B79D8EDF-1D4F-4BAF-9407-EB3DD5C2FF92.jpeg

(Sorry for the low res pic, I’ll snap some sharper ones)

What’s the difference from HUB301507-1-KIT and HUB301506-1-KIT?

I called in and asked for the 507 part but Bryce said I needed the 506 one. I informed him I was converting ifs Aisin hubs so they’d work with my 60 series outers. He said the 506 kit was what I needed.

I’m a bit confused based on what is on your site. Maybe they are the same part just one is $1.50 cheaper??

He’s gotcha covered. They are definitely different, when converting IFS hubs you need the 301506 as the IFS hub body is physical different, the standard hub internals (301507) won’t work.

Not for a cruiser, but given the discussion about internal differences, seems relevant. So the HUBFHT008 are listed for 79-90 LC/PU/4R. We are picking up a 90 v6 PU this weekend and somebody put a set or WARN hubs on it and I'm thinking that wrong must be righted. Are these the proper hubs for a PU? Also, do they come with gaskets or would those need to be added? Thanks

Not for a cruiser, but given the discussion about internal differences, seems relevant. So the HUBFHT008 are listed for 79-90 LC/PU/4R. We are picking up a 90 v6 PU this weekend and somebody put a set or WARN hubs on it and I'm thinking that wrong must be righted. Are these the proper hubs for a PU? Also, do they come with gaskets or would those need to be added? Thanks

No, the IFS pickup and 4Runners have a smaller outer CV axle. That said, we stock the correct hub for those too! Give us a shout/email at the shop and we can look up the specifics. Thanks!

Kurt,
I have a 79 PU with the ASCO hubs. One needs some new internals, and I was wondering which, if any, of the AISIN hubs i could get to do a dial swap on it so the truck says saying ASCO on both sides?

Kurt,
I have a 79 PU with the ASCO hubs. One needs some new internals, and I was wondering which, if any, of the AISIN hubs i could get to do a dial swap on it so the truck says saying ASCO on both sides?

Sorry for the delay, you get this sorted?

Yep, you hooked me up, i ordered the locking hub and the front axle service kit, so all is good! Thanks!

Yep, you hooked me up, i ordered the locking hub and the front axle service kit, so all is good! Thanks!

Thank you!!

Maybe an old thread but hoping someone can help me identify these hubs. I picked them up hoping they'd fit my 2nd Gen 4Runner as they have a 26/7 spline count but they are way too small and have a different design than most aisins I've seen. They only use one set of bolts that run from the dial/cover through the body and into the hub. They are also way smaller than a toyota hub, even the axle diameter is smaller. Any ideas?

IMG_1533.JPG

Maybe an old thread but hoping someone can help me identify these hubs. I picked them up hoping they'd fit my 2nd Gen 4Runner as they have a 26/7 spline count but they are way too small and have a different design than most aisins I've seen. They only use one set of bolts that run from the dial/cover through the body and into the hub. They are also way smaller than a toyota hub, even the axle diameter is smaller. Any ideas?

View attachment 2605306

Looks like the older IFS Mitsubishi to me. There is very little carryover from one brand to the next, they all have different spline counts, profiles or depths. I can check at the shop and see if we have more resolute application data on that one.

Looks like the older IFS Mitsubishi to me. There is very little carryover from one brand to the next, they all have different spline counts, profiles or depths. I can check at the shop and see if we have more resolute application data on that one.
Thanks cruiseroutfit. Still wish I could find another example of this style. Even the Mitsu's Iooked up have the 2 separate sets of bolts. Interesting.

Pm sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom