SOLD Yuma, AZ: 1991 HDJ81 Triple Locked 211k KM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its time to start savings for my next project so I am going to have to thin the herd.
1991 HDJ81 with just under 211,000 Km.
-Imported by me and currently registered and titled in AZ.
Overall it runs like a champ. No knocking, doesn't heat up (even in the 115 deg summer here).

Things that don't work/bads:
Bosch trail lights. (I haven't messed with them, could simply be wiring. I am going to run this to ground tonight)
Windows are slow but work.
No shoulder belts in rear seats.
Rust spot on sun roof. (I'll get a picture up). (Sunroof is water tight, doesn't leak in the car wash)
Paint blemishes.

Goods:
Engine is clean.
Very limited rust on under carriage.
No oil leaks.
Timing belt change 10k KM ago.
Suspension is in good shape.
Interior is a 7 out of 10.

Let me know if you have questions or want any specific pictures.
$17,000 or best offer.

LC (8).jpg

LC (42).jpg

LC (65).jpg

LC (77).jpg

LC (69).jpg

9 months since I imported her. I had grand plans to make it a long haul overland truck, but I’ve got too many projects going.
The only rust is light surface rust. This was never up north here nor Japan.

hello there, nice rig.. curios was the millage on a full tank of diesel, you happen to know if it can be registered in California ?... I leave in Calexico …

It has been getting between 18 and 22 mpg so far. As for registering in California, it is hit or miss. I never had any luck when I lived in San Diego but there are plenty of folks here on mud that have been able to. It all comes down to your local dmv and the CHP inspection. There are some good posts here on mud about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You sure it's a 1991, I thought only the 1990s lacked shoulder belts? What's the production date?

It was built March of 91. I was kind of surprised by that as well when I picked it up off the ship.

hello there, nice rig.. curios was the millage on a full tank of diesel, you happen to know if it can be registered in California ?... I leave in Calexico …
all loopholes have been closed

They aren't 100% closed but close to it. A friend just got her LJ78 registered in santa barbara this month. Either way, its way easier in pretty much every other state.

Ya everybody's got a friend of a friend ;)

Ha, it was registered to me in AZ until she got it through CA. Somehow she didnt have to send it to santa ana for the CA epa “inspection”

It was built March of 91. I was kind of surprised by that as well when I picked it up off the ship.

I'm surprised too, I was always told the easiest way to spot at 90' was the lack of shoulder belts. Well now I know that's not true, and to think something on the internet not being correct...

Nice looking truck. Glws!

No third row, and no hardware for it either.
I have the JDM 3rd row seats for it if your new owner wanted some. Please pass on my info ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom