Yukon Gear and Febest axle parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody use either of these brands? gotta do some axle work and may have to buy some parts amazon style, as its pretty hard to get what i need here. Plus the OEM stuff is hyper expensive, if i can get it. Standard freight shipping from the mainland for parts can be more than the parts.

If not these, any recommendation?

Anybody use either of these brands? gotta do some axle work and may have to buy some parts amazon style, as its pretty hard to get what i need here. Plus the OEM stuff is hyper expensive, if i can get it. Standard freight shipping from the mainland for parts can be more than the parts.

If not these, any recommendation?

Try posting the actual parts you need...

I got two Febest birfields for $50 each, but I am just keeping them as trail spares until I find out if they are better or worse than any other Chinese Birfield. They look pretty nice, but my originals aren't bad enough to take a chance on them. Why don't you do the experiment for me?

I just need to replace an axle seal at this point. They seem to have the whole selection of parts for the front axle, so was thinking of buying the overhaul kit and doing some service type maintenance on both sides. That said, the seller on Amazon was advertising the seal kits as fine German engineering. I guess even Germans are subbing out production to China now.
My birfs are still good, but if you want to ship me yours, ill try them out :flipoff2:

I used the Febest axle shafts, seemed to be decent quality but I do little to no trail driving mostly streets and unpaved roads.

Febest GmbH is a privately held German company that imports parts from China, but I doubt that they do any engineering on their own.

solid point
Febest GmbH is a privately held German company that imports parts from China, but I doubt that they do any engineering on their own.

Sounds like they aren't terrible, so I guess I'll get my seals via interwebs and give them a shot. If they suck, I have learned a valuable lesson.

Even OEM Toyota seals are cheap, so that would be the last thing I would take a chance on because it takes a lot of labor to change them out if they screw up.

Now the difference between OEM birfields at $600 vs Febest birfields at $50 is huge, so it is worth the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom