Your Mountain House Favorite Meal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Been a Mountain House fan for many years and ready to expand my menu. What is your favorite Mountain House Meal? I do realize there are many other quality brands but keep your suggestions to the Mountain House brand.

Mountain House #1 seller is Beef Stroganoff

The last bicycle shop I was at there was a supplier that sold the stuff. Went down the list and bought(at wholesale) a bunch of them to try. I throw them on the moto for camping trips cause I usually eat much better stuff when in the cruiser.

Chicken Fried Rice. I don't eat it often (Mtn Home), and I "test-drive" the meals at home so there are no issues, lol, in the field. THe Stroganoff didn't make the cut

Chicken teriyaki, turkey tetrazzini and beef stroganoff are all real good. So far haven't found one I didn't like. Breakfast skillet is real good too

The Turkey Tetrazzini is a favorite.

I've bought Mountain House from these folk for a few years now -> Backpacking Food, Camping Food & Freeze Dried Food | LDP Camping Foods

I've always considered these camp food products as 'starters' and then add onions/potatoes/bell peppers etc for extra flavour. Given we camp out of our 80, bringing extra 'fixings' is easy - not like we have a lack of storage or carrying capacity :)

cheers,
george.

I only eat them when I go backpacking. The salt content is thru the roof, so unless I've done some serious exercise that day, Mountain House is off the menu. I have cases of the stuff in a closet and backpack frequently.

I only eat them when I go backpacking. The salt content is thru the roof, so unless I've done some serious exercise that day, Mountain House is off the menu. I have cases of the stuff in a closet and backpack frequently.

Exactly. Backpacking only. Breakfast skillet + Trader Joes tortilla wrap + avocado + hot sauce is my favorite backpacking breakfast.

Mexican style chicken and rice. Crumble up some triscuits and spread on top. My favorite breakfast is their blueberries and granola. Like others have already mentioned, the beef stroganoff and lasagna are also great entrees.

Breakfast skillet is the best and not just for breakfast at out camp. We like to add some cheese to it. It is delicious in a burrito too. We like it enough to get the Breakfast skillet in a #10 can.
Our family’s second favourite is actually the rather generically named "chicken rice".

Stroganoff for me, Chili mac for the boy.

Not a huge fan of any of them but I have 4-5 cases that I've bought from Costco when on sale for emergency food. Of the different ones I've tried, they're all OK if you let them hydrate long enough but the salt content, geez.

6447114A-3176-4A4C-8893-256E9359837D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom