Your Favorite Rock Sliders for your FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like BudBuilt products and I have their skid plates.

Here is the link to their sliders:

However, I have the original Toyota factory sliders on my truck and have been happy with them. They have held up thru 12 years of wheeling.

Metal-tech 4x4 sliders are on my FJC. Have been since Jan 07! Ok I own Metal-tech 4x4 so I might be a bit biased. However I know how they are made and the very names of each person who were involved in making them since we build not just our sliders but also our numbers in house.

A couple of weeks ago my O8 FJ went through the Rubicon with factory sliders. They are scratched up pretty bad but they didn’t bend. And they are tucked in really tight to the body but did not bend into the rocker even though the entire weight of the truck was on top the sliders on many occasions. I personally don’t like kick outs much.-Just one more thing to get hung up. I won’t be changing the factory sliders out for an aftermarket part

EDAD23C9-C612-450E-BA3A-5DA49967CFA0.jpeg

I rocked the factory sliders for a couple years too. I just wanted something I could stand on when I went to the Metal Tech sliders (and they were a raffle prize).
DSC04006.JPG

I've been running Trail Gear sliders since '08. They've taken plenty of hits and still held up well. They are still pretty affordable too.
1593554920247.png

I need to get a set of sliders, I am thinking of getting the All-Pro ones cos I like the idea of a kickout and I'm short so having something to step on would be great. I think I just wanna get the base sliders, not the Apex sliders. My truck is already heavy enough.

A used set of All-Pro sliders landed in my lap for a very reasonable price! I am gonna paint them when all this crazy weather/humidity lets up
0815201926_HDR.jpg

My PureFJ sliders (I wonder who makes them?) is all beaten up but saved my rig from all that possible body damaged during trail runs. It's functional too whenever I need to reach something on my roof rack.

DSC_2275 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

My PureFJ sliders (I wonder who makes them?) is all beaten up but saved my rig from all that possible body damaged during trail runs. It's functional too whenever I need to reach something on my roof rack.

DSC_2275 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr
Pure FJ is rebranded Trail Gear/All-pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom