Your Favorite Rock Sliders for your FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received my Demello Hybrids about a week ago . and they mounted right up .

The ones from Pure FJ cruiser have the kick out and they fit perfect. U can stand on them or jump up and down if you want. They work great in the ruff.

9CCA5962-45C7-4280-B12C-97B8CE12840B.jpeg
I love hearing all the new plinks and plunks coming off the force field my Demello sliders give me on the trail!

Hi there Blue Pig, I like the swing-away, especially the mount for the Hi-lift. I carry my Hi-lift kinda high, on mounts at the back of the roof rack. Not sure I could copy yours because I have an ARB rear bumper and no swing-away. I like that location though.

I have MetalTech box sliders... and they have done a wonderful job protecting my SUV. And the design actually looks good on the truck, more like a step than homemade self-welded tubing sliders. I slid off a rock and my truck dropped about 15 inches onto another rock. The thump had me thinking I had taken myself into thousands in body repairs. When I finally got to the top of the rut I was in and took a look, I had to search for the scratched powder coat. And the dent in the rail was not even worth filling. A bit of black touchup and all was good.

The rest of the crew with me were equally impressed with the lack of damage, especially the guy guiding me up.

Sadly - MetalTech doesn't seem to sell them any longer.

Here's what they look like (not my rig): I added sand tape to the top so they are useful for stepping on, and mine have a bump towards the rear to push off from rocks before they get to the tires, and the bump gives more footroom when reaching for things on the rack.

65573d1354836464-metal-tech-sliders-imageuploadedbyautoguide1354836457.501093.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there Blue Pig, I like the swing-away, especially the mount for the Hi-lift. I carry my Hi-lift kinda high, on mounts at the back of the roof rack. Not sure I could copy yours because I have an ARB rear bumper and no swing-away. I like that location though.
Thanks! I used to have my HiLift on the roof rack as well. Definitely more convenient now.

I have the stock Toyota "rock rails" on mine and they have held up very well.

Aftermarket, I like BudBuilt products. I have his skid plates.

Sliders

I have the All-Pro Apex with kick-outs and plate covers. DOM tubing, I have used the hi-lift to jack from them and they are extremely sturdy. Saved my quarterpanels too many times.

Here are my cheap Amazon bought Tyger-sliders. Not exactly what I wanted, but well worth the money ($279).
E04D83C8-73E9-4C9A-91C7-DD70E4977E8F.jpeg

70819A0C-B41B-4C64-8260-1AA6A34B1A24.jpeg

F535A7F0-B676-47AE-958C-CCFBCACD0D21.jpeg

I'd seriously consider adding some beef to the plate brackets on that design. Probably fine for light wheeling, but if you plan on using those sliders for a jacking point or bumbling over boulders, I wouldn't trust it. Beefier sliders use box or round tube, not plate steel for the part that goes between the frame and the slider structure.
1590177886767.png

How are these holding up? I saw them on Amazon as well... and their Bull Bar (Newbie shopping list 😂)
So far so good, no complains. They have been now 2 years, but I’ve only drive through one salty winter.

Good price/quality factor.

MetalTech Box Sliders ... and they work really well. Dropped off a tall rock, hit the slider hard enough to jar my teeth, people around me were looking for carnage... a small ding and a scratch in the slider powdercoat fixed with a sharpie.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I'm looking for some factory sliders in the Ohio area if anyone of a pair. Looking for the bolt on type...no welding

Weathertech Box Sliders ... and they work really well. Dropped off a tall rock, hit the slider hard enough to jar my teeth, people around me were looking for carnage... a small ding and a scratch in the slider powdercoat fixed with a sharpie.

View attachment 2319064
I think you meant Metal-Tech instead of Weathertech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom