Your experience with after market replica body parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 83 FJ60 has been my daily driver for the past four years and a lot of the outside plastics chrome pieces and plastic signal lenses are showing some cracking/chipping from that daily driving abuse. I love the original look with the chrome, lots of threads about painting those pieces black but Was curious if anyone had any experience with the eBay aftermarket chrome mirrors or the chrome light bezels. Also interested in the rear plastic light covers. Just seeing if they’re complete junk or just somewhat junk that’s usable. Thanks! Couldn’t find much info on here, it seems most people just paint these part black but I love the chrome

My 83 FJ60 has been my daily driver for the past four years and a lot of the outside plastics chrome pieces and plastic signal lenses are showing some cracking/chipping from that daily driving abuse. I love the original look with the chrome, lots of threads about painting those pieces black but Was curious if anyone had any experience with the eBay aftermarket chrome mirrors or the chrome light bezels. Also interested in the rear plastic light covers. Just seeing if they’re complete junk or just somewhat junk that’s usable. Thanks! Couldn’t find much info on here, it seems most people just paint these part black but I love the chrome
You get what you pay for

I’ve used the tail lights lenses, headlight assembly’s, mirrors, and some badges

none compare to stock Toyota, but then again can you find new/gently used plastics from 35 years ago and expect them to be great?

My driver has been driven daily over the past 33 years. For quality & longevity, stick with NOS/OEM parts ONLY...and forever covet those chrome bright’in snake blinders of the sun and fright’in the hell out of the “dark-side” crowd. (Said in jest oh‘ fellow and loyal MUD Brothers of the night).

Top pic: original (I think) Koito taillight lens.

Bottom pic: aftermarket, no-name (Made in Japan, supposedly) taillight lens that's about 2 years old.

The 2-year-old lens is already more cloudy and faded than the 33-year-old stock lens.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

You guys have me convinced not to buy these cheap Chinese ones haha, but I don’t know what to do, maybe try to clean up my light lenses and strip/chrome my light bezels, I don’t know if anyone in my city does small chroming jobs like that

Sorry to bring this thread back, but I was just looking at these

and cruisercorps description is very vague, doesnt say if they are brand new or used? Does anyone know

While the inexpensive copies of parts don't have quite the same quality as the original Toyota parts, they're usually so cheap that it doesn't matter if they only last a few years - just buy it again. Toyota Land Cruiser body parts have always been jaw droppingly expensive. These cheaper aftermarket parts are kind of a relief from the wallet rape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom