Your alarm/unlock remote stops working one day... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just realized I have no idea how alarm systems work...I know I use the same button to lock or unlock and the red light goes blinky but what if I lost the remote? My spare key is the valet key so I could get in but wouldn't the alarm just keep sounding after I unlocked it?

I guess the same applies if the remote battery is dead in the woods one day. The key will work but is there a way to disable the alarm once you're inside? What if you can't get in and your alarm is going crazy, how do you stop it, pull the negative terminal from the battery?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. It's Monday, figured I'd start y'all off light :flipoff2:

No one likes to talk about how to break the code:ban:

Try it one day by activating the alarm, then just use the key in the driver's door to disable it. You may have to click it twice in the driver's door to deactivate.

some have a "valet" switch that you press after turning the key to "acc". probably located around driver side kick panel...about a pencil eraser size.

I just realized I have no idea how alarm systems work...I know I use the same button to lock or unlock and the red light goes blinky but what if I lost the remote? My spare key is the valet key so I could get in but wouldn't the alarm just keep sounding after I unlocked it?

I guess the same applies if the remote battery is dead in the woods one day. The key will work but is there a way to disable the alarm once you're inside? What if you can't get in and your alarm is going crazy, how do you stop it, pull the negative terminal from the battery?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. It's Monday, figured I'd start y'all off light :flipoff2:

RS3000 Ok remove front seat and left kicker panel follow the wires, unplug follow ires under carpet find black box, it should be there, but once in a while they'er attached to the plenum, for the nut chiller, now unplug wires in kick area and pull the wires to the black box toss the black box in the garbage, not find the little jumper for the ignition unplug it, now toss that plug the ignition back into the normal plug, remember it is a 22+ year old POS alarm, you want key-less get a new system. I have tossed over a dozen of these

To disable the alarm with the key you turn the key to ACC twice.

Agree this is the way to do it and I’ve done it a time or two cause I couldn’t find my fob and had to unlock with spare key which sets it off.

On a side note, once when I shampooed the carpet it started going off randomly and I found the fastest thing since I didn’t have a wrench for battery was to pull the plugs on the horns.

I've been meaning to disable my alarm for fear that I'll be stuck with it going off...
So, do you just turn the key from "OFF" to "Accessory" position, then back to "OFF", back to "Accessory", then off again?

Just needed to mess around with my key fobs yesterday to program two into my stock rs3000 unit.

My alarm won’t activate if I just lock and unlock with key so if I ever lost my fobs, I could just use the key.

Love the factory set. Hope I never lose em.
image.jpg

RS3000 Ok remove front seat and left kicker panel follow the wires, unplug follow ires under carpet find black box, it should be there, but once in a while they'er attached to the plenum, for the nut chiller, now unplug wires in kick area and pull the wires to the black box toss the black box in the garbage, not find the little jumper for the ignition unplug it, now toss that plug the ignition back into the normal plug, remember it is a 22+ year old POS alarm, you want key-less get a new system. I have tossed over a dozen of these

I need to do this ASAP before getting stranded. My fobs are long gone via previous owner - My vote is to delete!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom