Your 24V Stereo System.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HPB-24/280
2f5f85324ef4f67.jpg

VDO Dayton - CD 5326 X - 24V

???

Hey - how much is that in CDN?

Sorry - I'm getting too lazy to surf the web for currency conversions

1,499.00 Dkk = 317.244 Cad for the amp plus shipping

189.00 EUR = 303.409 CAD For the CD player + S/H

Last edited:
Be carefull though.
AFAIK there is a difference in the frequencies that are allowed for the FM-reception.
Here in Europe it's from 87.5 Mhz to 108.0 Mhz. So check this before buying in Europe.
Don't know or these types are available in US/Canada.

I have wondered how to approach stereo installation. Can you hook diectly to one batery and go from there? Probably not and amps need clean power, unlikely usind some sort of convertor, any advice here appreciated.

I have wondered how to approach stereo installation. Can you hook diectly to one batery and go from there? Probably not and amps need clean power, unlikely usind some sort of convertor, any advice here appreciated.

If you have a 24 V system there are two options:
1. Get 24 V equipment - generally difficult as far as you're talking about radio/DVD-cdplayer/amplifier.
Only aftermarket system freely available I know of is VDO-Daytona.

2. Feed your 12V system by a separate 12V system.
Never, never, never (Did I say NEVER?) feed 12 V equipment from one of the batteries if your rig has a true 24V system.
For that use a 24 to 12 v converter, be it an analog converter (fairly inefficient) or a switching converter. Prices for these units will vary from just a few dollars (analog small capacity) to maybe two or three hundred dollars for a high quality high capacity switching convertor.
If you search this forum for 'converter' '24V to 12V' or 'stereo' I think you'll find lots of info.

Why not hook up 12V systems to one of the batteries in a 24V system? Because you'll damage and destroy the other one within a year or so.
Why? The alternator will overcharge the battery that has no 12V equipment hooked up to it because the total voltage of the system it senses seems to be too low because of the 12V equipment hooked up to the other one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom