You want some JBL Premium Sound tech? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Great system, great sound......love it! After 7 years of age my front main speaker gave up the ghost. I'm certain it's a warped voice coil or separated spider.

So, not wanting to alter the system I ordered new speaker. Here's a pic......the price is show below. Keep in mind this is for ONE speaker and it's my DISCOUNTED price.

271213457_RRViy-XL.jpg

$241.53 plus tax. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am in friggin' shock. I need a Dodge Neon. :D

WAIT! My '06 Mazda Rx8 has a Bose system. Dear Lord when it's time comes!

John,
What do you mean by "your front main speaker"? Is there a center channel speaker somewhere I have not found yet in the 100? I thought the only speakers were in the doors (including the tweeters at the door/glass/A pillar area). I'd like to utilize it for a HAM speaker...like the 80's have...but I did not realize the 100 had a similar center speaker.

John,
What do you mean by "your front main speaker"? Is there a center channel speaker somewhere I have not found yet in the 100? I thought the only speakers were in the doors (including the tweeters at the door/glass/A pillar area). I'd like to utilize it for a HAM speaker...like the 80's have...but I did not realize the 100 had a similar center speaker.

Door. Sorry. I said main becuase it doesn't include the tweeter. My Bose in the Rx8 has a center channel.

What a rip off! It's a stout speak with a large magnet assembly. Well built. I'd say $80 max.

I wouldn't go stock JBL again. When I saw the "JBL" on the stereo when I bought my 100, I thought it would be great. It's really not that great at all - the stereo in the FJC blows the stereo in my 100 away. When it comes time, I am upgrading the stereo in the 100, or at least the speaker system.

Did you know there's a "100 Series Cruiser King" T-shirt out there?

Yeah I own it..... the Sweatshirt that is. I heard after I bought it, that it was modelled after your 100. :)

Huh? Really? No way?

Yes way.... the FJC stereo with subwoofer option blows the 100 JBL system away. I wasn't too happy with the JBL performance. The FJC uses a Fujitsu Ten system, and F.T. makes Eclipse, so if you know Eclipse, then you need to aquaint yourself with Fujitsu Ten..... :)

Yes way.... the FJC stereo with subwoofer option blows the 100 JBL system away. I wasn't too happy with the JBL performance. The FJC uses a Fujitsu Ten system, and F.T. makes Eclipse, so if you know Eclipse, then you need to aquaint yourself with Fujitsu Ten..... :)

WOW! WOW!

Did you know there's a "100 Series Cruiser King" T-shirt out there?

I have the T-shirt, but I think mine is defective? It doesn't show or say anything about the "magic L" shocks!? I thought they might glow in the dark or something? Sorry, I had to throw some sort of jab out there! Nice shirt. :flipoff2:

Just to keep on task, I have the stock stereo and speakers and they suck! I am too cheap to upgrade, or at least have other mods higher on the list.

ALL the mods on my list are higher than the stock speakers. It's 'good enough' for me, til I get everything else done. If anything, I'll just be adding a Sirius satellite radio.

shotts i would have sent you one of my old stock speakers, if i hadnt thrown them out cause they sucked. i ripped them out a long time ago. gotta go aftermarket, especially for that price.

OEM is not always best. For that price you could have bought a nice set of separates for the front from Boston, MB Quart, etc... Insane!

I have the T-shirt, but I think mine is defective? It doesn't show or say anything about the "magic L" shocks!? I thought they might glow in the dark or something? Sorry, I had to throw some sort of jab out there! Nice shirt. :flipoff2:

Just to keep on task, I have the stock stereo and speakers and they suck! I am too cheap to upgrade, or at least have other mods higher on the list.

You missed it! The L-shocks were in there. It was the first flex test after adding them. :D

No chance will I mess with an OEM system this good. Don't want rattles, efficiency mismatches with OEM tweets and or subs. It's in, working and worth the dough to me.

As with anything, one can always make improvements in the sound arena. Home is my gig.

B&W Nautilus 802 with HTM1 CC
Velodyne HGS18
Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature

Home's where it's at. The JBL in the 100 is sweet enough. I think I have flashbacks from loose connections and troubles when swapping car audio. If it's good enough don't bust it. :D

I've got the Levinson in mine and there's PLENTY of room for improvement on it! My earlier LX had the Nakamichi, and just a set of aftermarket speakers/tweeters made ALL the difference!......I agree with many others on this thread: there are "nicer" factory systems, but I've never heard one (Levinson, Bose, JBL, Infinity, etc.) that compares to even a "decent" aftermarket one........I'm not sure why that is, but the factory systems are always lacking (in MY opinion, of course)

I totally agree that the JBL system is nothing to write home about at all. I did switch out the tweeters and all the door speakers with some Focal's and it did make a noticeable difference. If I were going to keep the 100 I currently have I would add a sound processor (JL Audio's Kleen Sweep), an amp or two, and a decent sub. The Infinity system in the 2000 G Cherokee I had was way better than the 100's JBL. I have never heard the Levinson in the LX, what's the opinion on that one ?

:cheers:

Great system, great sound......love it! After 7 years of age my front main speaker gave up the ghost. I'm certain it's a warped voice coil or separated spider.

So, not wanting to alter the system I ordered new speaker. Here's a pic......the price is show below. Keep in mind this is for ONE speaker and it's my DISCOUNTED price.

271213457_RRViy-XL.jpg

$241.53 plus tax. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am in friggin' shock. I need a Dodge Neon. :D

WAIT! My '06 Mazda Rx8 has a Bose system. Dear Lord when it's time comes!

Just to give you something to look forward to...My mom's MB has a bose system and the main amp started to go bad. I checked the $ for replacing it and it was $3,500.00 :eek: !! That's for ONE 7 channel amplifier. Outrageous, even for a Mercedes ! Luckily I somehow lucked into hearing about a place that repairs Bose auto audio systems. Sent it to them and they fixed it for $500...Little easier to swallow !!

:cheers:

Bwbski26, what speakers did you go with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom