you should see the other guy... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do NOT accept their first offer. EVER.

Insurance companies will low ball you every time. Do as Rob suggested, submit some research about what things actually cost. And next time you talk to their company, you need to mention you're considering getting a lawyer and going to the doctor to be examined.

They may change their tune.

x10000 on what Rob and Robert stated. DO NOT EVER take their first INSULT!

Very sorry to hear about the damage and the #$%##$ insurance thieves.

I went through this same thing about two years ago. Their client was totally at fault and they were total jerks about the whole thing. I tried to get a hold of the adjuster prior to him looking/estimating the damages. Never happened. Even after I insisted to talk to the adjuster, he would not change is appraisal or re-evaluate their "totaled" opinion.
I had to submit receipts for work done, recent tires, and similar vehicles sold and for sale.
At least they started a little bit higher on your appraisal. I think they quoted about 3600 for the value of our '89. They never even looked at current values of similar 'Cruisers. They just look up a salvage value for a 20+ year old vehicle and don't even try.
Push them very hard and don't stop until they pay the replacement value of the truck.

Be careful about the lawyer comments. If you ask, "Do I need to get my lawyer involved" they may move faster. If you state you "will get my lawyer involved" they may shut down and wait for the lawyer to contact. If that is the case, it never pays out enough.

Good luck.

Wow Man that really sucks. Sorry to hear about the loss of one of our own. I hope you take it to them and get what its worth to replace, take the $$$, buy her back. We can rebuild her, you can make her stronger, faster and better than she was.
Good luck.

Thanks guys for all the support! I hope to get a better offer today. The other insurance company seems willing to deal on the value of the cruiser, but we're having a hard time getting a good medical settlement.

If you want to send your camera phone pictures to me I'll post them.... glad your getting them to work with you!!

Thanks guys for all the support! I hope to get a better offer today. The other insurance company seems willing to deal on the value of the cruiser, but we're having a hard time getting a good medical settlement.

that's where i had to get a stupid lawyer. General rule of thumb - take medical bills x3 to equal what payout should be. If you can negotiate that on your own, you save the 33% the lawyer takes...

GL!

rob

You should ask the adjuster to point you in the direction of the 4200 rig that is for sale in your area that is roughly equal to yours. Ask politely, if he has one, he is doing you a double-favor as you'll have two very nice rigs for $4,500.

Hopefully he gets the point.

Just a small note to add. I accepted a fair offer on one of my trucks when it got "tottaled" & asked what they would offer & let me keep it. They deducted $125.00 for scrap price & I kept it. Since vehicle never left my possion & was over 15 years old, no salvage title work was needed. I fixed it & continued to drive it after repairs, just like before. Your state may have different rules. But that's how it played out in Indiana

at long last...

here's the pics...

I think that I'll get pretty acceptable vehicle settlement, and yes I am going to keep the cruiser. I hope that no salvage work will be necessary as far as the title goes. The next big hurdle will be the injury settlement...
PIC-0076.jpg
PIC-0082.jpg

That 4Runner got owned.

All hail Cruiser's. Tis' only a scratch!

here's the pics...

I think that I'll get pretty acceptable vehicle settlement, and yes I am going to keep the cruiser. I hope that no salvage work will be necessary as far as the title goes. The next big hurdle will be the injury settlement...

Even with the brush guard. Got :censor:ed up
:grinpimp:Cruisers:grinpimp:
-Carl

Wow, looks like you just need a bumper and a quarter panel skin. Of course your gaps between doors and rear hatch/gate are probably a little off. Come-a-long and 2 trees will take care of that. The 4 runner got smacked hard. The picture defines crush vs crumple. They probably wont total that 4 runner.. looks like it missed the frame on it. Were you injured badly in the accident?

My back is definitely injured, start some physical therapy tomorrow. The problem is that I am in process with the Sheriff and a local city, and am supposed to be taking a physical agility test next week...thats not going to happen. So we'll see if the insurance company is willing to make a fair settlement...

here's the pics...

Holy s***!! God loves crusiers.

My back is definitely injured, start some physical therapy tomorrow. The problem is that I am in process with the Sheriff and a local city, and am supposed to be taking a physical agility test next week...thats not going to happen. So we'll see if the insurance company is willing to make a fair settlement...

I hope your back heals quickly, your PT will be able to determine a lot. You got complete scans I trust. Good luck getting a delay with the Sheriff too.

Did the insurance settle yet? When I got smacked hard in my 1st cruiser ever, they offered me $1500 based on local comparables, i did my research and sent them a "book" of for sale cruisers, that were comparable to mine, I ended up getting $5500 for a very clean fj62, but it did not have all the goodies that it sounds like yours has. (and I had only paid 3100 for it a couple of months earlier)

The insurance co has been very reasonable and I will retain ownership of the cruiser and walk out with a little over 6k. I am happy about that, now lets see what they do about my back...

I hope your back heals quickly, your PT will be able to determine a lot. You got complete scans I trust. Good luck getting a delay with the Sheriff too.

Thanks, the word is that since I don't actually have a job with the Sheriff yet that it will be difficult to calculate in the injury settlement. This is very frustrating. We'll see what happens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom