you sequoia guys might like this last build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RDC76

Fabricator.
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I post mostly in the 80/60 section. but thought id share a recent build I just finished on a rear bumper and sliders...
The rear bumper is comprised of 5x2x3/16 wall structural tube with gusseted 10 gauge wings and 3/4'' thick recovery points penetrating both walls of the tubing. A very strong and light package at 85lbs..
the customer wanted something light, strong and clean...
anyways I just thought id share over here..

thanks
Rich

IMG_20170807_232443.jpg
IMG_20170807_223938_264.jpg
IMG_20170807_223938_266.jpg
IMG_20170807_223938_273.jpg

20170807_164516.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!!!! One thing I have never liked about the newer models are the gigantic bumpers, because replacements look ridiculous. This is a perfect blend. Nailed it!

nice. will hold up to the idiots at the shopping mall ;) i'm debating doing bumpers on my tundra more because i'm worried about other drivers on the road than i need them for the trails

and get the fender rust on the 60 fixed ;)

Lol.. yes. That is partly why he wanted the bumper .lives in N.Y. surrounded by bad drivers..
And yes I have mint rust free rear quarter cuts that will be going on Ingrid before paint.. I just haven't had any time. Been building stuff for everyone else's trucks. she is getting all new suspension bushings and shocks in the next couple weeks after I finish up more 80 bumpers. Would you believe she is only at 136k miles. Shell be getting bumpers and sliders as well in a bit. Needs the house brand...

Looks great. Working with a friend to replace the huge plastic bumpers on his xterra and this gives me some ideas. What did you coat it with?

I usually use SEM products or kbs. And apply with a combination of brush and spray. Brushing the insides and a nice sprace on the outside. But on this one I used a new paint Napa is carrying. And applied with a brush as surface finish wasn't critical because he wants to texture coat the sliders and bumper. I'll check the name of the paint again, I can't remember at the moment but i was happy with how it went on and really self leveled. Its got rust converter built into it and it's UV stable which is great. No top coat needed.

Slick looking bumper! Just picked up a ‘11 Platinum Sequoia and looking at options. Would love to see something similar with dual swing outs.

looks good. nice tight fit

Clean looking! - I like how you solved the look of new bumpers by doing that 1/2 cut skin transition.

Are you able to add the sonar sensor to that setup on the bumper? Love the design, that's exactly what I've been looking for.

hoping to see more Sequoia options when the TRD Pro launches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom