You Know Have To Look!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I need dues for this year, bring them to the meeting or your name will not go to VA4wda or United, going to send them a check along with the roster this week. Pay up Slackers you know who you are!!!!!!!

I need to be voted in and I can give you a check. I cant be at this meeting I had to come to Roanoke because I am having my basement sealed. Right now I have a 9ft ditch going around my house and hoping it can get sealed before the storm hits tomorrow.

Matt - Your in. We will have to teach you the secret handshake at the next meeting. Good luck on the home improvement project - sounds like one heck of a storm coming.

And yes, Dwight needs your check.

Tim

You forgot to add that he picks up the tab for the next club meeting meal at Ashland. I'd hate to see him getting stuck doing dishes.

Welcome to BBRC!

Woo Hoo As long as the handshake dont involve me being in the middle of a circle.

It started raining here around 9am and hasn't really stopped sand tomorrow isn't looking any better. here is what it looked like yesterday.
My wall.jpg

they actually came out and sealed it this morning. THe walls were totally try even with the rain. now in the ditch is another story. 6"+ of red clay mud

At least the mud stayed outside!

matt we never had any leaks till i dug out to build my garage, then if it even sprinkled we would get water in the basement, well i thought it would stop once i back filled, and for the sprinkles it did, but boy when it rained it would come in like no tomorrow.

so i called a friend and he came by with a can of expandable foam, i have not had water in my basement since!

he just sprayed around where the wires and water line come in for the well.

now the garage i put on would flood , so i called him up again to ask what he done, he told me and i started filling the block wall in my garage with that stuff, i got the area where the water came in the worst, but i need to finish filling it.

after working in Roanoke the last few days I was gonna say you might as well buy some coy fish for the moat:idea: and vince KIDS with lots of red bull to dig!!!!

How much does something like that cost??

I only ask because we need to do the same.

Total it is around $4500. That includes excavating. If you get it done find a general contractor to do it. I had quotes as high as 17k for the exact same about of work and material from a company that only seals basements.

ours didn't leak alot. in the last 3 years its only leaked a handful of times and that was when we got 3+ icnhes of rain in one day like today. It was leaking around the tie wires that held the forms together when they poured the concrete walls. But it I wanted it done the right way. Found out once it was dug out there wasn't a drain tile but they did seal it but after 40 years it didnt last.

here is pic of them spraying it on.
IMG00110-20110310-1029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom