You have to wait until 2031 to get your hands on one of these Land cruiser 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a 100 series, not a 105.

The below is a 105, I just stepped out into the yard and took this picture just now.
20230117_083521.jpg

2000 FZJ105 at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum:

45e8f4939bc3bd36e4b87ab1e324d227_XL.jpg

"This FZJ105 has a solid front axle like the one found in 80-series Land Cruisers. It has a 1FZ-FE inline 6-cylinder gasoline engine unlike U.S. market 100-series Land Cruisers, which all came with a 2UZ-FE V8 gasoline engine."

Because of that I love the Nissan patrol they don't get me confused like land cruiser more capable in off-roading and still solid even if it's old

Now I see the difference I thought it's 105
Having had both, cruiser any day of the week thank you

Last edited:
100 got IFS and 105 has a solid axle
The only thing I like in the OP's pictures are LHD, Manual, sub tank and Poverty Pack.

The New Y62 is very solid. Which Patrol you got, GU or GQ? I am still undesided about 200 or Y62 (last year with V8)

100 got IFS and 105 has a solid axle
The only thing I like in the OP's pictures are LHD, Manual, sub tank and Poverty Pack.

The New Y62 is very solid. Which Patrol you got, GU or GQ? I am still undesided about 200 or Y62 (last year with V8)
If I were you in usa I'll not take y62 over lc200 (if I'm living in usa)
Because the Nissan removed the off-road features and kept only the 4wd system to make cheaper version of patrol in American market.

Nissan removed:
1: Rear diff-lock
2: Hydraulic body motion control system
3: No different train selection road,sand,rock and snow.
4: Hill decent control
5: Petrol tank PATROL 140L Vs ARMADA 92L

All these features as I know removed to make armada suitable and cheaper for american market

Read this article for more informations

How were you able to find a brand new car like this?
It's a rare car I have never seen before, from inside out it is 105 but front has independent suspension. I wonder if someone has modified it to look like 105 or modified the front suspension to 100 series.
Regardless it looks like brand new. I love it.

FZJ100 is a thing in UAE, the FZJ105 is in Australia and a few other countries. Had a lot more of a raw feel to it than the 100 series, which is more like a car with extra body roll.

Where is the solid front axle? Why does this alleged 105 have 5 lug axles and not 6 like the 80 series that it shares the underpinnings with?

1998 is 25 years ago. Any 1998MY built this month or earlier 105 is eligible for US import.

Perhaps something was lost in translation.

Where is the solid front axle? Why does this alleged 105 have 5 lug axles and not 6 like the 80 series that it shares the underpinnings with?

1998 is 25 years ago. Any 1998MY built this month or earlier 105 is eligible for US import.

Perhaps something was lost in translation.
It's a 100, not a 105, but 105s do have 5-stud hubs.

Well, whatever it is, the hood ornament is pretty cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom