You Guys Pick My Roof Rack Or Tell Me To Stay Naked (1 Viewer)

Choose The Roof Rack

• Prinsu

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Sherpa

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Westcott Designs

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Wait On Dissent Rack To Come Back In Stock

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Leave It Be

Votes: 29 59.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes many things carry fine on a crossbar.
but just last week i was in KY, and bought an empty whiskey barrel. i was GOING to put it up on the roof, where i have three crossbars. but i realized its belly would be resting on the roof the entire trip home, scratching up the paint. this is because there is a fair space between the crossbars still. while i was trying to figure out some sort of padding to gin up, the wife emptied out the back, and we found the barrel fit fine (on top of my wood shelf) with the luggage all around it.
so there is one case where having a metal basket on the roof would have saved me a fair amount of work!
That's another thing of beauty with the Yakima bars, is they can be set at whatever spacing works for your load. I'd have moved the bars close enough together, strapped that barrel down like a kayak, and headed for Niagara Falls to seek fame and fortune (or maybe taken it home for an end table or planter):rofl:

That's another thing of beauty with the Yakima bars, is they can be set at whatever spacing works for your load. I'd have moved the bars close enough together, strapped that barrel down like a kayak, and headed for Niagara Falls to seek fame and fortune (or maybe taken it home for an end table or planter):rofl:
yeah i can move my bars, but not easily. i need to loosen the lead screw, slide them, then re-torque the lead screw, then go to the other side and do it again

the whiskey barrel i picked up in louisville. it just fit:

1683240103426.jpeg

here is my problem. lx570 with flush rails, three OEM crossbars. the middle one is higher than the other two, due to the curvature of the roof. so i can only get a flat load to sit on two of the three crossbars.
1683240888474.jpeg

1683240916923.jpeg

I have a soft pad that can hug that third rail and take up the gap for heavy loads.
also, the eyebolts are added. with the flush rails, there is no place to secure a rope to!

here is my problem. lx570 with flush rails, three OEM crossbars. the middle one is higher than the other two, due to the curvature of the roof. so i can only get a flat load to sit on two of the three crossbars.
View attachment 3314828

View attachment 3314829

I have a soft pad that can hug that third rail and take up the gap for heavy loads.
also, the eyebolts are added. with the flush rails, there is no place to secure a rope to!

BRB, crashing this piece into a brick wall.

Anyone have some unused cross bars they are looking to part with? I've searched high and low, but been unsuccessful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom