YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really hoping for a "retina burn" green from the Oakley colorway. I'd take a florescent green as well. Either would compliment the orange one I already have.

I've got some plain whites set aside for some painting experimenting. Hang tight. If I can remember and I have time to run to home depot for some paint I'll see if I can do a test for ya this weekend!

@geanes Check it out. How's the color?! I'm calling it Radioactive Green. The far right is the best iteration. The leftmost green is my latest green as dyed by the printer. The middle one was my first attempt with the custom paint. I laid down too much paint and it got too dark. Rightmost is the winner. light, even coats yielding a full, smooth color, yet retaining the brightness of the white underneath to really make it pop.

dsc_0066-resized.jpg

DSC_0070resized.jpg

I got mine Tuesday and am loving the fact that I don't have to break superglue apart to change the batteries any more. One question though it looks like the paint (?) is coming off is that possible?

I got mine Tuesday and am loving the fact that I don't have to break superglue apart to change the batteries any more. One question though it looks like the paint (?) is coming off is that possible?

With the exception of the green in my last post, they are all dyed so there's no paint to come off. Maybe it's the clear? Post a pic or PM me. Let's see what you're talking about.

What has everyone done to secure the screws? Did anyone use a dab of loctite? I LOVE my key, but recently noticed it had gotten loose and when I went to tighten it up realized it was very loose. I am happy to just know that I need to tighten it up every couple months or so, but just seeing if anyone else had done something to secure the screws more permanently.

@geanes Check it out. How's the color?! I'm calling it Radioactive Green. The far right is the best iteration. The leftmost green is my latest green as dyed by the printer. The middle one was my first attempt with the custom paint. I laid down too much paint and it got too dark. Rightmost is the winner. light, even coats yielding a full, smooth color, yet retaining the brightness of the white underneath to really make it pop.

View attachment 1611110

View attachment 1611111

@suprarx7nut ... You're the MAN! That far right one looks dead-on! Radioactive Green! When will it be available?

@suprarx7nut ... You're the MAN! That far right one looks dead-on! Radioactive Green! When will it be available?

The green will be loosely available now. It requires some special treatment and is easy to ruin during painting so I'm undecided on pricing at this point. I'll have to get some additional blank white parts to test with. PM incoming to you!

For anyone else wanting custom colors, feel free to request it here. I'll try a FDE-type sand color next.

You may want to look at some Dura-Coat. Its similar in durability to Cerakote but you don't have to bake in the oven. Its a two part paint (paint/hardener) and you spray it from an airbrush or similar. I used it to coat some RTIC tumblers and they hold up to being bounced around ina car and dropped without a scratch.

I like your darker green, closer match to the truck. Would that be available since it's as delivered by printer?

I just ordered a black one because I think this product is brilliant, but I was secretly hoping there would be a Tan type color to kind of match my truck/interior.

I like your darker green, closer match to the truck. Would that be available since it's as delivered by printer?

The darker green is the standard offering right now. It does vary in shade a little bit, but is always darker than the two special ones I posted in post 402. If you're only interested in the darker green, let me know beforehand and I'll hold one aside for you that's specifically darker.

I just ordered a black one because I think this product is brilliant, but I was secretly hoping there would be a Tan type color to kind of match my truck/interior.

I haven't tested out the tan yet, but I can do that tonight. Let me get it posted so you can decide if you want the tan tester (I only have one to test, so cross your fingers!) or if you want to stick with the reliable black.

Awesome! I am definitely ok waiting to see how the tan looks.

What has everyone done to secure the screws? Did anyone use a dab of loctite? I LOVE my key, but recently noticed it had gotten loose and when I went to tighten it up realized it was very loose. I am happy to just know that I need to tighten it up every couple months or so, but just seeing if anyone else had done something to secure the screws more permanently.

I've thought about this as well. I've been using the same tester key for about 6 months and haven't had any screws loosen, but I'm sure it's bound to happen for some folks at some point. Some of the lowest strength loctite is probably a good idea, but I wouldn't go any stronger. You don't want it to be permanent!

Boom! Ordered! Thank you!

Thank YOU! Nearly two dozen orders are going out today with more shipping early next week. I suspect yours is in the second batch.

I painted the tan, but need to take a decent picture. I'll try to get to that today. It turned out quite well and the shade is pretty close to what I consider FDE. Reminds me of the new Tacoma color.

X2
Had to re-tighten as well. I feel the screws could be like 1 mm longer. They don't go all the way through the nuts, and I'm afraid of tightening too much with only one thread (one revolution) contact, but they do keep up fine as they are.

X2
Had to re-tighten as well. I feel the screws could be like 1 mm longer. They don't go all the way through the nuts, and I'm afraid of tightening too much with only one thread (one revolution) contact, but they do keep up fine as they are.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Screw length and nut pocket depth were a never-ending back and forth during the design phase. That one attribute was responsible for more than 4 different revisions of the part. The core issue is that the remotes are varying height. Some people have little screw engagement (but should always still be enough to hold) while others will be right on the edge of having too much screw poke through the nut. Current state seems to be the best compromise, but I'll consider dropping the nut height 5 thou (0.13 mm) or so to ensure everyone's got good engagement. Any more than that and those with the thinner remotes will have screws snagging on clothing as they come out the backside.

The nut is 1.6mm tall with a pitch of .4mm. Best case scenario there are 4 threads of engagement. Realistically, the screw has a tiny lead in, as does the nut which only leaves 2-3 threads of real engagement. Toss in some remote thickness variation and it's a game of fractions of a millimeter.

Of course, if anyone finds the engagement problematic, let me know. I'm happy to get it solved with replacement hardware or even a special plastic set if you've got an oddball remote that's really not playing nice.

Me too, and it shows wear very well over time! On a side note I just wanted to see if any of my screws were loose and they were all just as tight as the day I got it.

972454D7-134E-4FAA-86B6-2806078A8B1E.jpeg

E43004BA-CF0D-43CE-8EC8-BB1FFFEB0B44.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom