Yota Imports (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anybody used this company? The website says they import a 12HT in 8-10 weeks. Searched the forums but no luck so far.

Got my HJ61 from them three years ago when they were operating as "Cross Country Cruisers" - if you go to the domain, Cross Country Cruisers, you'll see a page which directs visitors to yotaimports.com. I believe it is the same group and made the assumption that some entity tried to assert rights on the original name. When I picked up my cruiser from their shop in L.A., it was quite the operation they had going and very busy.

Search yota imports and cross country cruisers here on the forum and you will find some reports.

I think he’s legit. @CenTXFJ60 isn’t this the guy you have deals with?
Yep. I’ve used him to get drive lines. Also some locking axels and rusted roller 61’s. He’s a bit all over the place (very busy) but I’ve had great luck with him. You have to know what you’re looking for and understand the market values etc. and manage the deal closely to ensure you’re getting what you expect. Like a lot of people his idea of good condition can be different from yours. Always good to check things in person if logistics work out. These are large investments we make and you want to keep the ball in your court throughout the process.
he’s got a bad wrap from some dealings when he was at CCC. He’s the first to admit things could have gone better. Since then he’s broken away from the guys he was working with. At least that’s what he’s shared with me.
Don’t want you to take this as a recommendation. Just sharing my experience and how I work through the process.

Another option is to search Canada. I brought a 61 in fom BC last fall. Much easier process than I ever imagined. And lots of good MUD members up there to work with :)

I bought my JDM HJ-61 from Steve Jackson at Land Cruisers Direct and had a very positive experience. I don't know if LCD does piece parts but if you want a whole vehicle, I would recommend giving him a call.

Search yota imports and cross country cruisers here on the forum and you will find some reports.

Steve, does your company import engines too or just entire vehicles?

I've met the owner of Yota Imports and seen a couple of their vehicles at a meet. I am not in the market nor did I look closely but they were up front and working to earn a good reputation. I would do your homework and see any vehicle in person to ensure it meets your expectations as mentioned prior. Each person's opinion of rust or quality is vastly different.

I've met the owner of Yota Imports and seen a couple of their vehicles at a meet. I am not in the market nor did I look closely but they were up front and working to earn a good reputation. I would do your homework and see any vehicle in person to ensure it meets your expectations as mentioned prior. Each person's opinion of rust or quality is vastly different.

Good advice. I have a gorgeous FJ62, but I’m looking for a 12HT motor to swap in it.

Good advice. I have a gorgeous FJ62, but I’m looking for a 12HT motor to swap in it.
seeing your in North TX you might look up Joe Kantana (spelling???). Great guy and know he has these motors from time to time. Steve knows him well as does several other folks here on MUD.

Steve, does your company import engines too or just entire vehicles?

Engines and large parts as well. I have a 12HT that just arrived going on the test stand now.

Engines and large parts as well. I have a 12HT that just arrived going on the test stand now.
Wow. Awesome. My A440F has the nomad extreme valve body and HD torque converter from Rodney. Will that tranny work well with 12HT?

I bought a pair of seats from Yota Imports and had a good experience with him...like was said above, he is a bit all over the place, and while I don't have experience buying a whole vehicle from him, the process of buying seats was relatively painless. I would work with him again.

seeing your in North TX you might look up Joe Kantana (spelling???). Great guy and know he has these motors from time to time. Steve knows him well as does several other folks here on MUD.

And I will join you!
I bought a split transfer case with rear drum parking brake (rare) from Joe Katana not too long ago. He imported it from Europe, came from a BJ45. In as good a shape as he presented it, both outside and inside. Great individual to deal with. I'd certainly consider him for future major purchases.

Wow. Awesome. My A440F has the nomad extreme valve body and HD torque converter from Rodney. Will that tranny work well with 12HT?

Yes, automatic hj61’s came with a440f’s, message me if you’re interested.

In my limited interactions with Yota Imports I was given the impression that my parts inquiries were a nuisance and that they weren't particularly interested in my business. I was looking to spend about $500.

Last edited:
My experience mirrors @CaptHamster's above. I bought a set of HJ61 turbo seats from Duke; I knew what I wanted, knew the market value, was able to determine acceptability of condition by photos, and had a good experience. Shipping was fast. He didn't include a set of brackets, and shipped them to me quickly when I found he had forgotten them.

All others above raise good points. I knew of his prior reputation going into the deal and he was honest and approachable with me.

That was my n=1 experience.

I just put my review up on his website.
This guy was the worst person ever to deal with.
Basically offered to deliver the vehicle to me but delayed it by about nine months. He raised the price multiple times. Since I was remote and not able to inspect a vehicle I had to go based on his photos and his word.
He ended up deciding not to deliver it to me despite it being in the contract so I had to have a friend hang on to it. They are currently taking it to the mechanic now who has told me there's rusted floorboards and holes that have been spray-painted over and none of the mechanical work or fluids have been changed which are in the contract. The mechanic even told me they were a few lug nuts missing. I can give anyone further details if they like. I might make a full post in a different section if I find the proper area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom