Yota Imports, LLC - Oregon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are folks on this forum familiar with this company?

Or is the owner potentially on this site?

I believe the company is located in the Bend, OR area. Looks like they import a number of JDM trucks.

I’m not looking to publicly drag anyone through the mud (no pun intended), just curious if this company is familiar to folks on the forum, and what the experience has been on the quality of the trucks they import/sell.

Search for their previous company name "Cross Country Cruisers" and "Yota Imports" on this forum.

You'll find people who are satisfied doing business with him. You'll also find stuff like this:

I purchased my truck from them and would NOT recommend anyone go through them or work with anyone that they recommend. Can’t speak to specifics here since there will be litigation in the future, but feel free to DM me if you’re on the fence.

If you’re dead set on it and you can convince the guys at FitGarage to look the truck over, then you might be okay. Those guys are great.

We bought our Prado from Duke at Yota and have had the best experience. Duke has bent over backwards to get us parts for our truck when we live in a completely different state and even delivered our rig to us at our own house after having work done at FitGarage. We love Duke.

I was looking to purchase a 70 series that Yota Imports originally imported. First owner in the US had it for sale.

I was looking to purchase a 70 series that Yota Imports originally imported. First owner in the US had it for sale.
If the truck’s in good condition I wouldn’t be worried. Just do your homework, maybe inquire why they’re selling. I contemplated selling my truck I got from them to be done with the headache, but decided to double down. Still working to get her dialed in.

It’s more the customer service, communication and not delivering on promises that I have issues with Yotaimports. They generally only bring trucks over from Japan, so more often then not they’re in good condition.

Hopefully the PO had a pain free experience or got the truck sorted out if not.

Where abouts is the truck located now?

What I always try to recommend for people is that if a dealer / seller says anything about the vehicles "grade" that they should walk away. That means it was an auction vehicle. Nothing is known about it. It sits on a lot, drives into a room, a few photos are taken and a person walks around it and they give it a grade. Then it gets auctioned off. Yes you can get a great deal that way sometimes but typically with 0 information. Just because it's grade 4 doesn't mean it runs great, that just means it LOOKS great.

What I usually do is show people how to search on goo-net or kurama, but my favorite is Yahoo auction.

Yahoo auction is not specifically an auction site. It's more like a combination of craigslist and ebay. Sellers and dealerships alike can list things for sale. But what you get there, are pictures and sometimes so much information.

For example (according to the owner) the Pajero I just purchased is something he owned since it was new. He took quite a few photos showcasing how pretty he kept things. He is giving me service records from forever ago. He says occasionally it feels tired. And when it's cold sometimes it smokes, and a big list of everything he could think good or bad about it. So I'm excited to see it when it gets to port because I already feel like I know exactly what to expect.

On the other hand, I also purchased a 4wd turbo diesel nissan homy / caravan from a dealership. While I didn't get a lot of info about it's history, the dealer did do all fluids, a new alternator, and had the car impressively detailed. And the best part is they took over 100 photos of it showing every nook and cranny - even the undercarriage. So just like the pajero, I feel like I already know the car because of just how many photos I got to see.

Stateside Dealers and sellers alike will not give you the info from where they got it in Japan quite often, because if it's an auction car they have none.

TL;DR = avoid sellers who do auction cars and always ask if they can show you the pictures from the seller overseas. I like to let people choose the car they want and then I do the legwork for them. Or show people cars and purchase for them. I don't know if yota does actions and am not saying they are good or bad. Just information to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom