Yosemite question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going up to Mariposa, CA this weekend with my Dad. Does anyone know any good trails that a stock FJ62 could do alone? Thought I might ask since your club is closer.

Thanks, Randy.

Thanks DAnimal.

Mariposa Offroading...

Neat, good to know that someone else lives up here. Dave T... where do you live?

For offroading up here... it depends - Mariposa is a big county.

I can personally say that I love taking an afternoon drive from Feliciana Mountain Road in Midpines over to Earstens, and then either over Ferguson Ridge, or Apperson Mine, or Hites Cove, or Jerseydale.

I strongly recommend AGAINST going on Hites Cove unless you are locked up, lifted, winching and running 38"s. I seriously would say that having two vehicles in your party is minimum for Hites Cove.

Feliciana Mtn Rd over to Jerseydale Rd is a nice day out... minimal drama - mostly a putt-putt in some gorgeous country. It does get muddy and sometimes snowy during winter though (my favorite time to go).

Dave-T lives in Oakhurst and works in Yosemite.

Lucky SOB.

gedwards,
Thanks for the advice. That's what i wanted to know. Better to pick the right dirt road for an afternoon than get stuck where I shouldn't be. What's the easiest way to google maps your description and find the starting point? Intersection? Coordinates?

I know this is a old post, but just thought I would mention, There are quite a few good and fairly easy trails through out the Mariposa area, the Ferguson Ridge is a good one with breath taking views and many more, Heights Cove, Jersey Dale and so on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom