york pulley/clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running a york with a pulley/clutch that fits cruiser size belts? Are cruiser belts/pulleys 5/8"? If so, I found one that might fit:

P/N 75R0602 R/B 7928R on this site:

http://www.heco.net/Clutch.htm

Hey Sean

I might be mistaken, but i believe the PITCH of the belts is the same, but the widths are different. Meaning that you could use a smaller (more standard) size and it would be fine. Double check, but i think that is the case!

I am running a double groove pulley on my York that is a hair too thin for the wide cruiser belt, (some years had thin alternator belts,) but the pitch is the same and it works fine.

I think as long as you are not too far off and the belt is not bottoming out on the pulley, you are fine.

Yep.

Arya I think it was did one recently.

Not too difficult,
1) fabricate mount for PS of engine
2) fabricate or find waterpump pulley with 3rd groove to run York.

Bam, two steps, some simple wiring, and you're done. ;)

I have a york on my 40 and LOVE it, but I think I will go CO2 on the 80, not enough time to fab brackets. (brackets available for purchase for F/2F's.

Boston Mangler said:
Hey Sean

I might be mistaken, but i believe the PITCH of the belts is the same, but the widths are different. Meaning that you could use a smaller (more standard) size and it would be fine. Double check, but i think that is the case!

So, the 5/8" pulley/clutch I mentioned above is still a little small for cruiser belts?

I wonder if the york will fit in the smog pump location if it is in the horizontal position?

CruisinGA said:
Yep.

Arya I think it was did one recently.

Not too difficult,
1) fabricate mount for PS of engine
2) fabricate or find waterpump pulley with 3rd groove to run York.

Bam, two steps, some simple wiring, and you're done. ;)

I have a york on my 40 and LOVE it, but I think I will go CO2 on the 80, not enough time to fab brackets. (brackets available for purchase for F/2F's.

Yeah, i spoke with Arya via email a few months back. If i am not mistaken, he still hasnt been able to fab or locate a waterpump pulley for it. Also, his PS of the engine is much cleaner then mine. I have a whole bunch of important stuff mounted there.

Anyone else?

Thanks

Boston Mangler said:
Anyone know of anyone successfully mounting one in an FZJ80?

Yup :flipoff2:
York overview.JPG

alia176 said:

Hey Alia,

Care to post more pics and details about the clutch and pulley setup? :D

Thanks

Boston Mangler said:
Hey Alia,

Care to post more pics and details about the clutch and pulley setup? :D

Thanks

Yes please do as I have an 80 too. But start your own thread. Damn thread pirates! :flipoff2:

Overlord said:
Yes please do as I have an 80 too. But start your own thread. Damn thread pirates! :flipoff2:
He's more of a pirate than just a thread pirate ;)

There are at least 7 80's that I know of with sanden compressors using the TRD pulley.

Dale Sr said:
He's more of a pirate than just a thread pirate ;)

There are at least 7 80's that I know of with sanden compressors using the TRD pulley.

Hmmm, i searched extensively and have found anything. I guess they are top secret or something! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom