York Install with Dual Batteries?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm doing it--with a 94 along with the block off plates. Already have the dual batts.... Planning on starting next week---it is going to be tight against the 2nd batt box--I did order a smaller pully. Using a york 210L. Got the kit from Slee.

Very Cool!

I will be watching this closely!

Are you going to be documenting it?

York is one of the best mods i have done to my old Heeps and such. Been itching to get one in my 80 since i bought it! :D

Very Cool!

I will be watching this closely!

Are you going to be documenting it?

York is one of the best mods i have done to my old Heeps and such. Been itching to get one in my 80 since i bought it! :D

I have everything else hooked up..... 8 gallon tank/slee manifold--- currently just using to run a grover air horn but plan on using air tools once the york is installed...... I actually bought the parts from a place you suggested a while back.

Only thing holding me back is my indecision of doing the head gasket as pm first...... I have Dan's kit and Dougs dvd.

Have a 3 day trip planned for the weekend so I figure may as well get this done with..... Everything fits with room to spare( i have the 210 w/ 6" pulley). Took off the air injection junk--guess I will just double the vacum tube over that feeds it?

One thing I didn't realize is Slee's manifold is tapped for ARB's--this is 1/8 british thread--ended up retapping to 1/8 npt.

Have a 3 day trip planned for the weekend so I figure may as well get this done with..... Everything fits with room to spare( i have the 210 w/ 6" pulley). .

Looking forward to seeing pics!

o.k. got everything working---trying to get everything together for a 4x4 trip right now--nothing is ready:doh: So after doing this york install I decided that I needed to add a 12" aux fan...things are pretty toasty. Also I ordered a 90/120pressure switch--it comes on at 90 and shuts off at 100-- this doesn't run my impact wrench very well--going to look for one that comes on at 130/150. With the engine reved up she fills from 35 to 140 in about a minute. When I return I can add more detail.....
PICT0085.JPG
PICT0092.JPG
PICT0093.JPG

few more.....
PICT0087.JPG
PICT0086.JPG
PICT0090.JPG

Wow!

Most cool man!

Did you need to tweak the second battery tray? How close is it sitting?

Thanks
Kevin

The 2nd battery tray is about an inch away--didn't touch it.

What do you guys do about the oil in compressor? I don't understand the return system some guys have installed? I have noticed I have oil everywhere--on the high side I don't need to oil my impact gun daily.....

What do you guys do about the oil in compressor? I don't understand the return system some guys have installed? I have noticed I have oil everywhere--on the high side I don't need to oil my impact gun daily.....

the return systems are for compressors that do not have their own oil in the crankcase. so that does not apply to the york.

to reduce the oil spryed into the system check this out

http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/york_oilmod.html

SR.GRINGO said:
I've been battling excess oil through my system. I originally added two filters to remove excess oil. Then did the oil mod RT posted. At the same time, rebuilt my YORK. I still had tons of oil. I have now re-plumbed my system to 'manage' the oil better.

From my YORK the air line runs to my tank FIRST, then runs to the filters and manifold. The tank acts as a collector for the oil and the filters remove any excess oil + water.

I got fed up having oil all over the place when disconnecting my hoses.

I've been battling excess oil through my system. I originally added two filters to remove excess oil. Then did the oil mod RT posted. At the same time, rebuilt my YORK. I still had tons of oil. I have now re-plumbed my system to 'manage' the oil better.

From my YORK the air line runs to my tank FIRST, then runs to the filters and manifold. The tank acts as a collector for the oil and the filters remove any excess oil + water.

I got fed up having oil all over the place when disconnecting my hoses.

Thanks,

I was afraid that I might have to replumb matters.:frown: I suppose I could put the oil filter in line exiting the tank back to the Manifold. Do you think oil will harm my air horn at all(the air horn is on a seperate line)?

Raven,

Thanks for the link-- looks like I have some more work ahead of me.

Guys

Please take my advice on this one:

I have been installing Yorks on Heeps before Kilby was even in Business.

I have installed well over a dozen Yorks in vairous vehicles. The whole "Oil Return" thing and the "Plug Mod" is a bunch of hooey!

Simple fact, some Yorks have blow by, some dont. I have bought BRAND NEW ones that had tons of blow-by and have pulled some from bone yards that never spit a drop! I am confident its a manufactuing tolerance issue.

My suggestion would be to just try to find another york, if you search enough, you can find them for $50 or cheaper and save yourself a TON of headache!

Trust me on this!

Kman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom