Yooo Sethro!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey man, what's going on? Thought you guys left the planet for a while or something.
I was curious as to how your 40 is running in the cold weather. Does your engine ever have the symtoms of a "cold" engine, or is the TBI doing a fine job of keeping everything in order?

Rush55

It is doing real well, starts and warms up great, I still let it warm up a little before I drive away, gets everything warmed up, but over all is doing good, for a worn out engine.

One of these days I need to pull that motor and rebuild it, I really want to put in one of those Man-A-Fre high compression motors, sweeeeet!

How about you, hows the piggie doing, any new additions???

Sethro

Yeah, after the CK run and my PS pump that I thought was leaking, ends up being the new pressure side hose that I just bought not too long ago. But I got a new pump, and put an add-a-leaf on the rear left to help even out the lean for now. But this carb is being extremely cold air sensitive. There's a flat spot in the power curve at around 1800 rpm, that no perfection of timing or carb adjusting is making go away. I even plumbed the fluid heat riser. It's always had this ailment, but it's more profound now than ever before, in fact, downright irksome. So, I was wondering how your's was doing cause, I think I'm gonna gear up for a TBI conversion earlier than I'd planned, but wanted to find out how your's was doing after you'd had a couple more months of having it.
Other than that the only Cruiser related thing I've done is go down to RHINO's and drive around in his 130:1 Toy Box crawler-in-a-pig setup. It's stupid slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom